T W E N T Y F I VE

I pulled up onto the tarmac, Mila was already there, waiting for me. She leaned on the bonnet of her car, scrolling on her phone. I ran up to her, scaring her a little.
"You ready" I clapped my hands in excitement.
"We really doing this" she raised her eyebrows and crossed her arms. I swung my arms around, gesturing towards the plane and the bags.
"You're kidding right. Get on the plane" I pulled her up the stairs. With a happy sigh, I slumped down into the chair. I grinned towards Mila, she was still glued to her phone. "Mila, you okay". She flicked her head up, dropping her phone as she smiled weakly.
"All good, hungry though" I grabbed the attention of the flight attendant and requested for some food, which was brought out shortly.

The whole plan journey, I was perched on my chair, tapping the leather with excitement. I could wait to get of this plane and go straight to the beach. Mila on the other hand, didn't show the same amount of enthusiasm as I did. She remained flicking between looking out the window wistfully and glancing back down at her phone. I tried to cheer her up with any chance I got, but I only earned a pitiful laugh or a small smile. I picked at the food sitting infront of me, mainly an arrangement of bite size sandwiches and cakes.

The heat of Bali washed over me as I stepped off the plane, tropical trees encasing the runway. I trotted towards the car, turning round as I placed my hand on the handle. Mila was following me, her shoulders slack as she walked towards me. I adjusted my sunglasses, looking down the tip of my nose at her.
"Mila, are you positive you are okay?"
"I am, I really am. Let me just get changed into a bikini and be on a beach, and then I will be fun. Promise" she said as she came towards me. I wrapped my arms round her shoulder, pulling her into my chest.
"As long as you are okay, chat to me about it if you need to and if you don't that's fine." She pulled away smiling back up at me.
"How can I be sad, we are in Bali" I giggled in response as we stepped into the car. She was right, we are in Bali.

The whole drive to the villa, I grinned as I looked out the window. The lush green vegetation surrounded everything, only allowing you to see peaks of any type of urbanisation, through the thick of the bushes. The calm tranquility encased Bali in every way, I could only describe it as everything in Bali is in lowercase. Pure peace. Which was exactly what we needed of this moment. The car pulled up the drive. The gates opened slowly revealing the pure white villa. The building blended perfectly into the nature around it, almost as if it was always meant to be there. As water features trickled
throughout it.

We leaped out the car, running up the steps to claim the best room. Mila and I had stayed in this villa on multiple occasion and both knew the best room was the one at the furthest side of the house. The view you could see just from lying in your bed looked out onto the bright blue sea. Trees peaked out from under the balcony but apart from that all you could see for miles was sea. Except for a tiny, entirely green island in the distance, Complete separate from humanity. Which sometime would be my idea of heaven. Away from the world, away from the paparazzi and away
from any formula one drivers. Okay maybe I would like there to be one formula one driver there. Regardless, the view was amazing and waking up to it in the morning was definitely something to be grateful for.

I pushed Mila back as we sprinted to the room, I tried to hold in my laugh as I did not want to waste any much need breath, that could be better used for increasing my running pace. I tried to stop myself from tripping over Mila's leg or if we are being honest my legs. I was never the athletic type. Mila pulled my shoulder back just as I was about to reach the door, swinging it open and leaping onto the bed. Flying meter through the air before landing. Incredibly out of breath, I hunched over, propping myself up as I placed my palms in my knees in defeat. Mila laughed maliciously, kicking her legs in the air with triumphant, I placed my hands in my hips as I watched her, rolling my eyes at her over the top display.
"I won, I get the good bedroom" she taunted
"I let you win, I knew you were sad and I knew this would cheer you up"
"Yeah, yeah. Whatever, you lost" I smiled as I turned back towards the door, pulling the middle finger as I left the room. I thudded along the floor sulkily, like the sore loser I am to the still nice, but not as nice, bedroom opposite.