~10K SPECIAL~

A/N: Sorry for the late upload! I lost my phone last night at a concert and just got back with a new one V SAD

Italic: Thoughts

Bold: Narration/P.O.V

Italic Bold: Location/Date/Time

Misaki's P.O.V:

January 10th 2018

"Thank you so much for coming, Misaki. He...he would have loved to see you." A young women stated in a strained voice, her eyes slightly watering. A 27 year old Misaki reached out to clasp a hand over hers, giving it a tight squeeze. A sad smile appeared on her face.

"Of course, Luna. Takashi was very important to me. I'm happy that I'll be able to see him, one last time." 

Luna nodded, before turning to her younger sister. Misaki's eyes followed to see Mana sobbing, seemingly unable to stop the tears that fell from her eyes. She took a step forward, hoping to be able to console her, but was pulled to a stop. Luna slightly shook her head, but sent a grateful smile her way.

"It's alright, I'll take care of her. I know you can't stay long, so, please," 

She motioned towards the inside of the funeral home before dropping Misaki's hand and turning to console the youngest Mitsuya sibling. 

Misaki's hand dropped to her side and the sad smile she once held dropped downwards, her eyebrows lowering in suit.

I can't believe he's gone...

A small and sorrowful sigh escaped her lips before adjusting the collar on her coat to hide her face, along with the bulky black sun-glasses she wore. She needed to get in and out, and hoped no one would recognize her, considering she was trying to stay out of sight. Before doing so, she made sure to drop of a large some of yen in a proper goreizen* as an offering to the Mitsuya family within the condolence tray, also making sure to write her name in the registry. 

Misaki then entered the display room to see many people in mourning. In the center of the back of the room stood a beautiful flower arrangement, with many burning incense and candles present on the mantle. There, in the center, sat a beautifully framed photo of one of her closest friends, Takashi. 

As she moved closer and closer to the mantel, she could feel her feet beginning to drag, almost as if they had become lead. Her palms began to sweat and she began to feel an unfortunately familiar feeling of anxiety forming in the pit of her stomach. Her chest began to rise and fall faster and her eyes began to water. 

Finally, she stood in front of the mantel, her eyes scanning every future of Takashi from the photo that had been taken during the prime of his youth.