This is War

Italic: Thoughts

Bold: Narration/P.O.V

Italic Bold: Location/Date/Time

Misaki's P.O.V:

The next day

Mitsuya Residence

"How does your head feel? Any better? What about the rest of you?" Misaki questioned the lilac haired boy, a look of concern crossing her features as she scanned his body for any other wounds or telltale signs of pain.

He shook his head, his lavender eyes staring into her ruby ones. "No...that Mocci guy didn't hit as hard as Taiju so I managed. As for my head..." 

He pressed a hand softly to the right side of his head, which was currently wrapped. It was all thanks to the older Haitani brother, Ran, for slamming a cement block directly onto his skull while Takashi was unaware he was behind him.

I don't care how cute he is, he'll be hearing from me soon. That was a cheap fucking shot and he knows it.

A wince left him and he dropped his hand from his head and sighed. "...it feels like shit. I didn't go to sleep because I was worried I might be concussed," he started. A  pondering look passed his features and she heard him then mutter, "...although I probably am." 

Misaki sent him a look that screamed 'what the fuck' before her expression took on that of an irritated (but concerned) one. "You should have called for an ambulance the moment you realized what happened after they left. I still think you should go to the hospital." 

He shook his head, a small smile appearing on his lips. "I appreciate you worrying about me...but I'll be fine. I'm keeping track of myself, I promise. If anything seems off, I'll head to the hospital right away."

She narrowed her eyes at him, scanning his expression and posture for any signs that he may be lying or holding back his discomfort. Then, a sigh left her lips. "Fine. I'll let it go, just this once. You won't be fighting anytime soon if I can help it." She muttered as she combed her fingers through her bangs. "The moment I sense anything is off though..." 

The smile on his face grew and he nodded his head. "I know, I know. Like I said, I promise. I wouldn't lie to you." 

Her mouth opened slightly at his words before she shut it to send him a smile of her own in response. 

Of course, she believed him.

"Anyway, I heard that Mocci used to be the leader of Jugem? Weren't they the gang that went against Souya and Nahoya a lot when they were still the Twin Devils gang?" She then questioned, leaning her head against his beds headboard. 

Takashi nodded, a serious look appearing on his face. "Yeah...Kanji Mochizuki, or, Mocci, for short. The twins were never able to defeat him. He's strong as hell and has been around for a while now." 

Misaki hummed at his words and nodded, before a sudden thought appeared in her head.

He's older, like Izana and the Haitani brothers. I wonder...I wonder if he's a part of the original 6 members of S-62. It would kinda make sense, considering he's an obvious leader in Tenjiku if he has his own squadron. I'm guessing Izana gave the 5 previous S-62 members all high-ranking positions. If that's the case...that means there's only two other people to uncover and one of them has to be the traitor in Toman, right?