The Marquis of Tokyo

Italic: Thoughts

Bold W/Underline: Narration/P.O.V

Italic Bold W/Underline: Location/Date/Time

Previously:

"Give me everything you have on Tenjiku and all of their members and affiliations. I'll expect a full document in one hour."

Then, just as quick as he made the call, it ended. Pinching his brow, he sighed and leaned back lazily in his chair.

"I was hoping we would never have to have this conversation, but I guess it's about time to explain some things to you."

Misaki stiffened up at his words.

Will he be telling me about more about Mephisto?! Old me never bothered to know what he did but it's different now!

"Then, we'll be able to pull some strays down a peg.

Misaki's P.O.V:

"I suppose I shouldn't be surprised you began digging..." Akira started, hand on his chin in thought. "...Although, I had hoped to have you sent to America before this point."

Misaki's eyes widened at her brothers words.

It's just like Touya told me...

Flashback

"Most members in Mephisto don't let any of their family know what they do. Being involved in criminal activities isn't something you really go back home to brag about, anyway. But, it keeps everyone safe. The smarter ones...well, they get anyone they care about out of Japan."

End Flashback

"So, you were just going to ship me off to a country I knew nothing about, to keep me away from...all of this?" She questioned, motioning around the room. 

She clenched her fist, a bitterness finding its way onto her tongue.

"I would have hated you for that." she said coldly.

And I did...for a long time.

He hummed at her words, half-nodding. "I figured...but, you'd be safe. It was a price I was more than willing to pay. But now..."

Leaning forward in his chair, a serious expression appeared on his face.

"...now, I can't guarantee that. I can't guarantee your protection. Not unless...I were to take you under my wing."

Misaki tilted her head at this, mouth slightly agape. "Under your protection? Why can't I just be under your protection as your sister? That's not enough!?"

He shook his head, expression devoid of any emotion. "No, that's obviously why I would have sent you away. No...when it comes to Mephisto, there's only one way to guarantee someone's protection once they have found out about us."

Misaki's eyes squinted in his direction, not sure where he was going with his words. "And that is?" 

His brow rose at her question. "Isn't it obvious? You would have to join." 

Misaki's mouth went dropped momentarily at his words. Then, "Join Mephisto? Are you serious?" 

Akira shrugged his shoulders. "It's either that or become an enemy. Like your friends in Tenjiku. There's a reason I know about Izana," he sighed. "He just wasn't a priority in my roster. Until now, I suppose."