Venice

Pete POV

I'm with Macau at the hospital to follow up on some check ups and we just finished talking to his psychiatrist. He's doing better than before and I'm happy he's progressing.

He's now been on antidepressants for almost a month and has been going to therapy 2 times a week. He's feeling more comfortable with the therapist and starts to open up to him.

The therapist is a man. Although he has trauma from Khun Khan. He has always had a man tell him what to do so maybe the fact that this man is now genuinely listening to Macau and giving him advice is helping him too.

"Thank you for coming with me phi."
He says as we're walking down the hallway.
"I already told you Macau, it's no big deal, we're family." I say and pat his back.

"Want to go for ice cream?" I ask him and he smiles at me.
"I always want to go for ice cream." He says and we walk out of the hospital.

Before we can get in the car Dr. Top comes running outside calling my name.
"Pete! Pete! Pete wait up."
He yells at me.
I turn to Macau.
"Get in the car first Macau I'll be right in."
He nods and goes to sit in the car.

I walk to Dr. Top a little concerned why he's calling me.
"Is something wrong?"
I ask him.
"Yes we need to talk." He says in a serious tone.
"Well I'm actually just leaving with Macau to get ice cream, can we talk later?"
I ask.

"I'm sorry but this is urgent, I think you should send him home and call Khun Vegas to meet you here."
I'm a little alarmed by this but nod to him.

I open the car door. "Macau I'm really sorry but I have to stay here for a while. We'll go out for ice cream another time I promise."
I say and he nods.

"Nop take him home." I say and close the door to the car as it's speeding down the road.

"Vegas you need to come to the hospital."
I say into my phone when Vegas picks up.
"What? What happened are you okay?" He asks frantically.

"Yes yes we're fine but it's urgent hurry up."
I say and walk with Dr. Top inside.

After a while we're in his office and he explains the situation to me.

Vegas comes into the office still looking worried and walks up to me checking if I'm okay.

"Can we have a moment please?" I ask Dr. Top and he leaves us alone in the office.

"Vegas." I say in a serious tone and he sits next to me.
"What is it?"
"I need you to promise not to interrupt me and not to get mad." I say and he looks puzzled.
"What is this about Pete." He asks me.

"Promise me Vegas."
"Okay fine I promise now tell me what's going on."

"Khun Pim have birth and killed herself shortly after, Dr. Top begged me to take the little guy and-"
I start to talk but he interrupts me.
"No."
He says sternly.

"Vegas-"
"No Pete, that thing is not coming home with us."
He says angrily.
"That thing is a baby and he is coming home with us. We are the only family he has."
I say and take Vegas' hand in mine.

"That child is the spawn of satan himself."
"Vegas don't talk like that. He didn't do anything wrong. Just because the people that conceived him were bad people doesn't mean he will be too. We can take care of him and make sure he has a good childhood."
I say but he stands up.

"Pete I am not raising that thing."
"I'm sorry Vegas but I am and if you can't live with that than that means I will do it myself."
I say.

"You're leaving me if I don't want to raise a child? Pete." He says in a pleading tone looking at me.