Happy birthday

Pete POV

It was our last day on the island and I had asked yaai if she could watch Venice for a while.

I still had something to show Vegas.

"Vegas let's go we don't have all day."
"Yes we do we're leaving tomorrow morning."
"You know what I mean. Let's go!"

He walked after me up the hill.

After half an hour of walking uphill we finally arrived.

"It's beautiful."
"I know right."

He smiled at me as we stood on top of the mountain overlooking the ocean.

I sit on the ground and pat my hand next to me. Vegas sits down and wraps his arm around my shoulder.

"My mom used to take me here before she died. It's my favourite place in the island. I come here if I need to think, if I want to bring her memories back, or with the person I love."

He looks at me and smiles.
"It's beautiful. You're mom would be proud of the person you have become."
I kiss him softly on the lips and turn back to look at the scenery.

"We climbed up 2 mountains in 2 weeks. We haven't done that once in the year and a half we've been together."
I laugh. He's right. We hadn't done that at all and now we did it twice in 2 weeks.

"It's just so much more peaceful up here. I love the quiet."
"I love you."

I push him away playfully and he chuckles.

We sit there for a few hours but we needed to go back to Venice and Macau. It was already getting late and the plane would leave early in the morning.

We picked up Venice from yaai and dtaa and said our goodbyes.
"You will come eat here tomorrow before you leave right Pete?"
"Yes yaai."

We went on our way and Venice slept like a log. He was exhausted from playing all day with yaai and Macau had wondered off on his own. He said he had a good time and that it was really beautiful up here.

After breakfast we went to the dock and yaai and dtaa waved ys goodbye.
"Don't wait so long with visiting the next time okay Pete?"
"I'll be here soon. I promise."
"And take your lovely family with you."
"Of course dtaa how could I not?"

We hugged goodbye and got on the boat.

Eventually we got back to the plane.
"Why are we going by plane it's just a couple hour drive."
"Because it was already here. Don't worry I won't take you on another surprise vacation."
He said and kissed my head as we sat down.

Finally we were back home again and I had really missed this place.

Macau went straight to the main family mansion to see Chay, and Venice and I were left alone because Vegas had a lot of work that needed to be done.

Venice is turning 1 and we already planned the whole party. Vegas didn't want a big party but I let Thankun plan it because he felt like I didn't spent any time with him anymore so I let him.
At least it'll be big.

Thankun had put some clothes together for us but Vegas refused to wear it.

It was a gold and sparkly suit and mine was burgundy red.

"He's just doing this to piss me off. You get to wear that and he wants me to wear this. I'm not doing it Pete."
"Okay okay I got it. Just wear what you want to wear."

After I got into the suit I walked to Venice's room and got him ready for the party.

I put him in an identical red suit that Thankun also picked out and he looked sooo cute in it.