𝘍𝘐𝘝𝘌 - DEAR VANCE,

-𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘔𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘩'𝘴 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳-

𝘙𝘰𝘣𝘪𝘯'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝:

DEAR VANCE,

As I write this, I have finished my studies. I have been promoted to conducting my own commissions instead of being an assistant of sorts. My skills are coming together, finally. And I couldn't thank you more for this. I thank you for that night you repeatedly stabbed me in the stomach, feasting on my blood, turning me. Turning me into something bigger, something better.

I threw the letter into the shipping box, to be sent to Vance who was on a commission far away, he'd return in 2 weeks.

I knew I had been lying in the letter, about me being 'grateful'. I hadn't been grateful at all, I wanted a normal life again. I'd been taken advantage of, for malicious reasons. To kill, to turn the world into a man eating hellfire.

"Hey Robin!!"
Griffin shouted who was in his freshly ironed uniform. His shoes clacked against the tile floor.

"Oh, hey Griff. What's up?"
I questioned.

"Headmaster wanted me to give you this."
Griffin spoke, handing me a pale yellow envelope. Sealed with a bright red waxseal.

"It's your latest commission!"
Griffin added, eagerly looking at the envelope as he waited for me to open it.

"Ah, okay. But this late? We usually get our commissions in the morning."
I questioned, ripping the waxseal clean off as I pulled the letter out of its respected pocket.

"Apparently this one's.. special."
Griffin spoke, quietly. As if he knew something I didn't.

Latest Commission: Murder and turn Billy Showalter

Billy..? No. No, no, no. Not Billy. I can't.

"I can't."
I said handing Griffin the letter.

"But you can."
Griffin spoke, examining the text printed to the page.

My eyes began to water, I couldn't kill my best friend.

Yet I was forced to.