𝘛𝘏𝘐𝘙𝘛𝘠 - Burn Scars

- 40 𝘠𝘌𝘈𝘙𝘚 𝘓𝘈𝘛𝘌𝘙 -

_________

"I write this not because I am the hero of said story, but because I am the fool who ended a friends life." - Griffin

Traffic hissed and steamed against the highway as the busy hours of Griffin's town came to its opening moments. A woman walked into the office, her heels clicking against the floor as she strutted to the boss, the 'big mans' dwelling, where Griffin had slumped in his chair, typing away on his computer.

"The past events in my life had brought me, at the time, suffrage, pain, and permanent trauma." He begun to write. "Though, I'm a new man than I once was, I remember sobbing into your arms as I watched Billy run into the crashing flames that was the manor's downfall, watching Bill, the love of my life in which I at the time, hadn't wanted to believe. But now I am certain and accepting of the fact that I was in fact in love with a boy, who in which had been our best friend. I am still healing and growing from that night, and the wound from that tragic event still glistens in my heart, and I don't think I ever will completely heal. Neither will you."

"Griffin?" The woman, his assistant, spoke softly, tapping gently on the door.

"Oh! Hi, yes, Rosa?" Griffin spoke, fumbling over his words as he adjusted the glasses which began slipping from his nose as he jumped up at the sudden voice.

"Mrs. Yamada is in Office, A4." She said, still standing at the door. "Be there in 5?"

"Ah, yes. I will be there." Griffin nodded, furrowing his eyebrows as he realized he had forgotten the meeting he was to attend that evening. Rosa nodded, piercing her lips together and asking: "What are you doing?"
"Just, er-" Griffin paused, considering lying to the girl. But he obliged -- "Just.. emailing an old friend." He responded, a faint, dull smile tracing his face.

"Okay, sir." She said, walking out of the room and closing the door behind her. Griffin sighed, looking back down at his computer and continuing to type.

"Bill did many bad things, during the time we had been acquainted. But, I apologize for all these things I had done to you, Robin, and Bill, all these years later. I know no one believed us, I know we had been called crazy, but I believe us. We must stick together." Griffin sat up as he finished typing, shutting off his computer and beginning to walk out of the office, into the next. "So useless," Griffin would whisper to himself, closing the door behind him.

"I forgive you." Griffin had thought he had heard behind him, in that same voice his old friend had beared. But, he had assumed, it was just only the voices which still echoed on in his ears from that night.

The memories that still floated from that tragic night.
_________

"Bill crashed into the bellowing flames, and that had been the last I had seen him." The man read, slamming the book shut as air gushed from the binded paper which smacked together against his hands.

"Papa, please, one more chapter!" One of the children begged like a malnourished street dog.

"Yes Papa, please!" The other insisted.

"Finn.." The other man in the room, who had been his lover, said in disapproval.

"Mmmph, fine." Finn obliged, reopening the book and receiving a sigh in disapproval from the other man.

Though, this time, he had sworn when he opened the book, he felt a familiar presence standing right next to him -- giving the power to continue.

- end -

___________

FINAL A/N :( 

Thank you so so so much for the support you have all given me for this series. I hope to come back to this series in the future.. or do something similar to it. Words cannot describe how sad but excited I am to say this story has its ending. After months of brainstorming and trial and error, we did it! Thank you for the support, and I hope you will return to my page and read my other works (and the works I have planned for the future).