𝘛𝘌𝘕 - Long Live The 'Rotter'

𝘢/𝘯
𝘢 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘺 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳? 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦!! 𝘢𝘭𝘴𝘰 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢/𝘯 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘵 𝘢𝘥𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘴 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘭𝘴𝘰 𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘥𝘶𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘪𝘴 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦
__________

Fallen leaves crinkled against Matty's drenched shoes. His skin was purple and his vision was hazy, fogged over. It was as if his eyes were glossy porcelain and his body was of glass shards and soggy newspapers. He felt so weak, he was weak. His body decayed over time as he rested at the bottom of the roaring rapids his remains were thoughtlessly dumped at. He was scared, confused. His head throbbed but it also felt like it was melting. All of his intestines, muscles, bones, melting internally. Like an ice cream cone that had melted against the hot pavement.

"What happened.."
He'd hiss, painfully. Yet his words came out more of a mess of inaudible language. A cluster of nonsense. His vocal cords shook and throbbed as he spoke, shoving shivers down his decaying back.
__________

The moonlight gleamed against his cold skin, chipping away at his incredibly infected and discolored wounds that oozed and gushed from his body, leaving a disgusting pool of fluid against his shoes and worn down pants.

He limped down the path that led to the river, shivering. Not out of coldness, but of fear and confusion. One, why was he there? Two, how long was he under the water? Three, is any of this real? He hadn't wanted to believe that, but deep down he knew this was it, this was the real shit. He could feel his body throbbing, that is no such thing one would experience in a dream or even sleep paralysis.

The lights coming from the city started becoming more visible as Matty dragged his weight against the rocks and mud under him, his blurry eyes squinting at the aggression of the light.

He dragged his feet, trying to get home. Get home to his mother, who he could sob and scream to, he wanted a sense of normality in this confusing time. He was lost and he was scared. A part of him wish he never woke up and everything ended right then and there.

"MAMA?! MOM?"
He sobbed into the cold, quiet night, with no response, as like I said before, his screams were simply inaudible. His screams sounded like a raspy groan, tender.

As Matty walked, he could hear the sound of critters sprinting the other direction, scared of him.

When suddenly, everything went silent, dark, as something gushed into his head causing him to fall over and scream.

"MAMA?! PLEASE I'M SCARED!"
He cried, his throat throbbing from the words that slipped from him.

Yet his head hurt even more, and soon enough, he was gone.

People were close by, they had arrows. They we're looking for creatures, creatures like him.

"We got him."
One spoke, slipping from the bushes and pulling the arrow from Matty's mushed skull.

"We got a Rotter."
Another whispered into his walkie talkie, which buzzed.

"Long lived the Rotter's."
The woman on the other end croaked as the group of hunters wandered back into the lush, leaving Matty's decayed body behind.
__________

𝘢/𝘯
𝘏𝘪!! 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘵 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘴, 𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩, 𝘢 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘵 𝘴𝘶𝘣 𝘱𝘭𝘰𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘰𝘯𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮.

𝘐'𝘥 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬 𝘮𝘺 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴, 𝘗𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘩, 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘰𝘧𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺. 𝘚𝘩𝘦𝘴 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘦𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴 𝘴𝘰 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩, 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶!

𝘐'𝘥 𝘢𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘱𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘪𝘻𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘺 𝘢𝘣𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦

𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘭 𝘪𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘥𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨

𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘨𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘮 𝘵𝘳𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘯𝘵!! 𝘞𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘸𝘢𝘺.

𝘐 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘪𝘹 𝘮𝘺 𝘶𝘱𝘭𝘰𝘢𝘥 𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘥𝘶𝘭𝘦 𝘶𝘱 𝘢 𝘣𝘪𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘮𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘭 𝘮𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘪𝘦𝘳; 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘵 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘧𝘧 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘭𝘭

𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘥𝘰 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘮 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘶𝘱𝘭𝘰𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦!! 𝘔𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘗𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘩 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘭𝘺 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘤𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘪𝘱𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘹𝘵 𝘧𝘦𝘸 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴. 𝘞𝘦'𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘴𝘰 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘶𝘱 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘺 𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴'.