𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠-𝘍𝘖𝘜𝘙 - Calm Before The Storm

Gwen rolled the dice, giggling, her fingers crossed under the table as she prayed to land a six apposed to a one or a two. The dice finished spinning around on the table, the tension high in the room as it finally landed-- gasps and swears filled the room at the announcement that Gwen had made.

"SIX!!!! HAH! I WIN!" Gwen yelled, standing from her chair, her arms in the air as if she was trying to reach for the clouds above.

"YOU CHEATED!" Finney had protested, him too standing up from his seat, his hands grasping the corners of the table as he gritted his teeth. Robin chuckled at the siblings who debated who had really won their game. Though, Gwen, did in fact win fairly. No cheats at all, pure luck in her blood. 

"Shall we eat?" Robin asked, in attempt to distract the Blake siblings, whos blood were boiling.

"Yes." Finney huffed, a nasty glare stabbing into Gwen's gut. But, ignoring all of this, Finney loved Gwen. He was grateful they had reunited.

The three friends settled at the table, their game neatly put away on the coffee table, a sandwich, a cup of water, and utensils rested in front of each person at the table, except Finney, who held a beer. 

"So, you drink?" Gwen asked as she sipped from her cup of water. The question had a very clear (and blunt) answer ("Yes, Gwen, I do drink").

"Yeah." Finney responded, a sense of regret which filled his stomach, overflowing his mind with thoughts of regret and guilt. Father drank, and Finney feared he would turn out just like Father: a nasty spirited, alcoholic. 

"I smoke weed." Gwen laughed, the alcoholism Finney held a secret of not phasing her in any way.

"You...?" Robin said, surprised. Gwen had never seemed the type to smoke, especially smoke weed.

"I know," Finney smiled, chuckling. Gwen's eyes widened, staring at Finney.

"What do you mean, you 'know'?!" She sarcastically laughed, setting her glass on the table, which clinked against its surface.

"Well, your room, for awhile, constantly reeked of weed." Finney said, zero emotion in it. 

"Well-" 

"And often times you'd come home from Susie's or Donna's kind of, what's the word, loopy." Finney interrupted Gwen, Gwen was appalled by her brothers knowledge of her personal life. This made her wonder; had Father known all along, too? But if so, wouldn't he asked her about it? At least mention it, once?

"Well hold up," Gwen laughed, shaking her head.

"How do you know all this information about weed.. Finney?" She asked, an eyebrow raised, a sassy grin painting her face.

"I smoked for awhile" Finney admitted, which shocked Robin to his core.

"YOU DID???" Robin practically yelled, a laughing fest filling the room.

"YOU DIDN'T KNOW??" Finney spoke through his chuckles.

________

The night had settled, and Gwen rested on the couch that night. She stared up at the ceiling, thinking about her day and her journey to Finney and Robin through the silence of the home and darkness of the room. 

"Hey, Gwen?" A sudden voice spoke through the night, which startled Gwen. She jolted upward, sitting up and clinging to her thin blanket. 

"Holy shit,  Finney, you scared me." Gwen laughed through her sudden fear.

"Sorry, I just have a question." Finney apologized, sitting down next to Gwen.

"Yeah, what is it?" Gwen asked with concern.

"Did.. Did people, miss us? Me and Robin?" Finney had asked, a faint tone of sadness which drooled off his tongue.

"Yes, everyday."

Finney had nodded to Gwen's response, a slim bit of relief rushed through his veins. He felt better about this all.

"Hey, I have a question too." Gwen said, grasping her hands together. 

"Oh, what is it?"

"Is Robin.. okay?" Gwen asked, a very broad question which had many possible answers.

Finney sighed. "Well.."

"This conversation should be discussed tomorrow."