𝘕𝘐𝘕𝘌 - In The Name Of Public Good

𝘙𝘰𝘣𝘪𝘯'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝:

I stumbled away from the crowd who was partying, feeling light headed. I couldn't tell if it was from the fact I was practically being hotboxed or the music that boomed against the walls, shaking against my eardrums like thunder and lightning.

I needed to compose a plan, and quickly. I hadn't had a lot of time left. Not a lot of time until Finney was gone, or worse, one of us.

I decided to call Vance.

I approached the front desk, there sat the secretary. She was elderly, with grey hair that perfectly sat on her olive skin.

"Excuse me? Can I use the phone."
I asked, pointing to the phone at the end of the hall. We had to ask to call, safety reasons.

"Who are you planning to call, honey?"
The woman asked, furrowing her eyebrows as she looked up at me.

"Vance. Vance Hopper."
I replied, she nodded indicating I could call. I thanked her, prancing to the phone across the hall, dialing in his number. The phone began to ring.

Pick up, pick up!!

*ringggg*

God damn it Vance!! Pick up!!

"Hello?"

Thank god.

"Vance, I have an emergency."
I trembled, noticing the Secretary staring at me, clearly listening in on my call to Vance.

"What..?"
Vance spoke, sounding restless as he croaked through the other end of the call.

"They got Finney, Vance."
I whispered, terrified that if the Secretary heard even a word I'd said, I'd end up just like Finney, beheaded at sunrise.

"What do you mean.. did they turn him??"
He whisper yelled, a panic that hitched deep in his voice.

"No, he's in the solitary confinement. I've heard they might turn him, or behead him."

"The Headmaster doesn't behead people unless they deserve it."
Vance scoffed, I knew this was a lie as I, Robin, had witnessed an immoral beheading just recently.

"I mean, I could see The Headmaster.. turning him. Atleast he'll still be around?"

"You don't understand.."
I trembled, teary eyed.

"You're right, I don-"

"Because I'm in love with him, Vance."
I interrupted, Vance went in a shocked state of silence for a moment, and so did I. I hadn't even known I felt this way for awhile, and infact I denied it too. Vance parted his lips and began to speak.

"So I take it you want him to live on?"
He asked, clearly pacing back and fourth in the room he was in, you could hear his shoes clack against the wood.

"Yes, more than anything. I don't want him to go like I did, how we did."
I mumbled into the phone, my back leaned against the wine red walls.

"Where are you right now?"

"Why does it matter?"

"Just tell me."

I looked around, in the lobby. I was in the lobby.

"I'm in the lobby, why?"
I asked, my eyebrows furrowed.

"Do you see a vent placed just next to the front desk?"
He asked, he knew his stuff.

"Yea, I do."

"Tonight, when everyones asleep and the halls are empty, climb into the vent. The vent leads to the solitary confinement wing, there you will find Finney."
Vance spoke, as if he has done this before.

"How do you know all of this..?"
I asked, somewhat creeped out by Vance's knowledge. Vance stayed silent, he was hurting.

"Vance?"

"I had to save Griffin from being executed, I was too late, for he was turned instead."
Vance sobbed into the other end.

"I'm so sorr-"

The call suddenly ended.

I was left there, with the information I needed and pain in my heart. Knowing that If I mess up, not only will I be killed (again), so would Finney.

With that being said, moonlight awaits, my dear.