𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠-𝘛𝘏𝘙𝘌𝘌 - Remorse, Anger, Regret

ACT THREE: Nothing Ever Lasts Forever

________

A couple weeks back, Vance had died. I feel many things-- remorse, anger, regret (regret; wishing I had done more, contributed more to him and our people we serve, The Headmaster and his 'team' or 'army' of men), but also some sort of relief. His death helped us, helped us grow, I feel I have more courage. Though, I do miss him a lot. I miss running down the manor's halls past curfew (8:30PM, every night), hiding when we see the guards take notice, watching them strut down the halls in concern as they heard our giggles, me laughing too loud, getting us caught, making not only Vance mad at me, but the Headmas- The Headmaster. I scowl, holding back some sort of nausea I felt pitted in my stomach just thinking about the man, the man who took everything from me. From us. 

Did he, the Headmaster, ever think about what his doings did to us? He was just bored, he just wanted to watch the world crumble. He is making the town crumble, soon enough, we'll all be dead and be braindead servants to this horribly sick man we all (besides very few people) worship.

I'm scared, Billy, I'm scared. Though I wish I could bring myself to explain this all to you, but I will listen to your rambles. I continue to walk shoulder-to-shoulder of Billy, listening to his long rant about his interests, I find it dreadful, yet, I'm intrigued.

"Griffin--"

"Huh?" I hum, jolting at the sudden mention of my name that startled me-- I had almost forgotten that was my name in the first place. 

"Are you even listening??" Billy scowled, one hand gripped on one of his backpacks straps, the other swinging back and fourth as we walked, it swiftly trickling against the nights cold air which stung and bit at my exposed skin.

"No," I laughed.

"No, not really."

"I won't even bother reexplaining the story of adopting my puppy."

"Puppy?" I asked.

"I had a puppy, before all of this." Billy said, his voice weakening at the thought of the creature he adored.

"I miss him a lot," Billy said, a frown painting his face as his eyes began to slightly water.

"I'm so sorry Bill-"

"It's okay." Billy responded, wiping the tears from his eyes.

"I just hope he doesn't miss me too much." He added, glancing at me in the eyes with a weak smile, looking up ahead, and continuing to trot through the forests lush.