𝘚𝘐𝘟 - I'm So Sorry, Billy.

3𝘳𝘥 𝘗𝘖𝘝

The sky rumbled in its starlit beauty. Night was when they'd kill.

Billy had been sitting on his porch, viewing the stars as he pulled brown rubber bands around newspapers, throwing them in a pile so in the morning he could deliver them. People knew him as "paperboy" because of his job he'd be underpaid for all his life. He wasn't a little kid anymore, he was sixteen. His dad, who had been the cities reporter, shouldn't have been forcing this work onto Billy and most certainly should he be paying the boy better.

As I'd mention how night is when they killed, Robin lurked not too far away from Billy, keeping malicous but saddened eyes on his best friend.

Robin didn't want to do this, but he knew what happened last time someone refused.
_________

- 1 month ago -

"I can't kill her, are you kidding!?"
The boy shouted in anger to the headmaster.

"Then you'll be beheaded."
He boomed from his chair, echoing throughout the manor.

"B-Beheaded?? Are you INSANE!?"
The boy protested, his words shaking out of his throat.

"Yes, if you don't work for me, you mean nothing for me. Nothing but a pest."
The Headmaster hissed, his words stabbing into the boy's chest like daggers.

"GO TO HELL! I'M NOT DOING THIS!"
The boy shouted, earning a unimpressed grin from the Headmaster.

"Then you'll be beheaded at the rise of dawn."
He spoke, adjusting his glasses as he watched his guards grab the boy by his arms, dragging him away as he screamed.
_________

Robin most certainly didn't want to be beheaded, so as much as this was going to hurt, he knew he'd in the end see his best friend again.

"Billy!"
Robin whispered, loud enough for Billy to only slightly hear. Billy perked up, looking around as he set his newspaper on the woodplank next to him.

He walked down the stairs of his porch, walking towards the street, still looking both ways to see if anyone was there.

"Hello?"
He called out.

Robin snuck up behind him, a knife clenched in his hand as he spoke once more.

"I'm sorry Billy."
He said tenderly.

"Huh-"

*slice*

Robin had slit his throat. Billy let out a few noises as he choked on his own blood, he felt betrayed. Robin sunk his teeth into Billy's shoulder, to make sure once Billy had died, he would turn.

Billy eventually stopped breathing, Robin picked him up bridal style as he gazed down at Billy, sadly.

"I'm so sorry Billy."
He spoke, tears forming.

"Robin..?"
A familiar voice muttered completely terrified, they had saw everything.

Robin looked up, and there he saw Finney trembling. He couldn't tell if Finney was absolutely traumatized by the fact Robin was a walking corpse who drank blood, or the fact he just watched Robin slit his best friends throat.

"Finney, I can explai-"

"I thought you were dead."
Finney softly trembled, both sobbing and absolutely terrified.

"I can explain, just come with me I can't be seen here."

"Why."

"It's not easy to explain."
Robin said, trying to hide the truth.

"Oh my god what happened to your neck..?"
Finney spoke, squinting his eyes at the bite scar in Robin's pale neck.

"I can't tell you."
Robin said as he walked away with Billy in his arms.

"I'm calling the police."
Finney yelled at Robin who was very far away at this point. This scared Robin.

"Then do it."
He replied, disappearing into the moonlight, thinking that'd be the last time he'd ever see Finney. Their last interaction, had to be Finney seeing Robin murder Billy.
_________

Meanwhile near the river..

Water crashed against itself, water floating down the river's current. But suddenly.. something large began submerging from the foggy water.

His body was slowly decaying, all shades of brown, purple, blue, and red. His nails were practically falling off and his hair was patchy.

Matty had turned, but he was no vampire.

He was something else.
_________

𝘢/𝘯
𝘐 𝘸𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘔𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘺 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥'𝘷𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 🤨