𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠- 𝘕𝘐𝘕𝘌 - One Day I Will Free You

A/N) Hi, I apologize for the very long wait on the final section of this story I'm going to be completely honest with you these past couple of weeks haven't been the greatest but I'm pushing through and finishing this. I meant to have this written up and published by like.. the second week of November but here we are, December third, and we are sitting here frantically typing this apologetic authors note. It's ironic because I've rewritten and have had this chapter re-edited at least 3 times and just have not been satisfied with my work. However, as an apology, the final chapter will be posted if not immediately after this one, not too long after. I've had the final chapter done and ready to go for probably like .. two months now. Hah. Sorry. 

Enough said, I present to you the exact opposite of the 'Calm before the storm' troupe: the first half of the series finale. 

Enjoy. 🤍

___________

𝘈𝘊𝘛 𝘍𝘖𝘜𝘙: 𝘍𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘭
___________

The lush below rustled as the teenage vigilantes edged towards the estate they had planned oh so thoughtfully to overpower that night. The moonlight was a luminous grey, the light beamed and accented the quiet forest thoughtfully, light reflecting against the busy running streams the minnows and trout would swiftly rush through in the cold mornings preparing for the treacherous fishing season which would ultimately, be their demise. 

"I don't see any security outside." Griffin mumbled, peering towards the buildings gates from afar. He held a handgun close to his chest for a sense of protection -- If somehow a late hunter or sheriff (although, said occurrence was rare) had been strolling through the land and had noticed the quad of teenage boys all armed with weapons (most importantly ; guns) you could almost guarantee all four of their eternal rests.

"Look harder." Finney whispered, copying Griffin's actions: a strong eye scanning the area, a riffle hugged to his chest. Billy coughed, then said: "I'll.. I will be right back". He sounded distraught or maybe scared when he said this.

"Billy wait we don't kno--" Robin tried to get out, but Billy had already been long gone as he kept close to the ground and walked -- No, ran somewhere private with a tight clutch on his back pocket, which had been bursting at the seams as it clung to whatever personal item Billy had stored in there.

"It's fine he's probably just taking a leak or something." Finney laughed, but the laugh came out more as a gush of air. A goat having an asthma attack.

"Whatever you say." Robin said in hesitation. Robin had, to say the least, suspicion regarding Billy and what he has been up too since he and Finney had been gone. He noticed the fearful eyes he bared anytime they mentioned anything, and I mean anything, regarding the manor and causing its downfall. He noticed the unknown voices coming from unfamiliar devices at night, in which Billy would answer to and communicate with as if they had been partnered for awhile. He noticed the lies Billy would tell whenever Robin asked about these things: "I don't know what you're talking about, Rob." , "What.. 'Device'??" , "You must be dreaming, because I cannot recall anything you speak of." when in truth Billy did recall everything. So, he began to be sneakier. All these lies Robin, Billy's best friend, saw right through scared the boy.

Finney lifted his palm to the air, feeling the cold air tickle his skin as the fierce, wounding cold jerked into Finney's nerves. This gesture was a sign to the group, which they had discussed before their leave. The gesture means as follows: "Cost is clear", or, for short, "Clear". He had felt like the FBI with this new top secret "language" they created specifically for the upcoming events they'd participate in. The group nodded in reply to Finney's message, before getting a tight grip to their weapons and duffle bags, journeying further into the musk of the forest.