𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠 - Mom is The Only One Who Listens

a/n

20th chapter,, YAAAAAAAAYAAAA!!! 

also Finney being mentally ill chapter wooo🥳

gonna start busting out my prewriten chapters while i take care of my dog (ty for all the support, hes doing great although hes having trouble eating and hes not loving his cone)

_________

Finney gasped as he shot up from his slumber, he trembled, his heart racing as sweat slipped down his forehead. He took his hand, brushing the sweat from his face with his palm as his head shook. Finney sighed, trying to grasp his composure. But as if these emotions never existed, Finney suddenly felt better as he looked down to his lap, which there Robin snored, peacefully asleep as the early morning sunshine hit his face. 

Finney had a dream, but this dream wasn't normal. Something about it was off. He'd talk to the people who were in the dream, but none would answer. It was as if he wasn't there; he was invisible. But this hadn't been the only weird thing. Mom was there.

Mom is the only one who'd listen to Finney's shouts and cries in confusion, she'd approach Finney with a saddened expression.

"Baby.." Mother would whisper, holding Finney's face sweetly and wiping his shallow tears that streamed down his rose red cheeks that were flushed in anger. 

"Mama.." Finney whispered back, a soft smile painting his face. His mother was the only light in his life for awhile, he was the best when Mother was present. That was until Mother passed on, he would never know why or how it happened, nor would Father enlighten him. Every time young Finney would ask, Father would grumble nonsense and tell him to 'get lost', or that he was 'too young to know'. So Finney waited, seven years old, eight, nine, ten, twelve... fourteen... he gave up at fourteen. He would always get the same answer, he wanted to know where Mother went, but he knew this wish was never going to be granted, so, like 'anyone', he gave up.

"My sweet, sweet, child." Mother spoke, placing a soft kiss against Finney's messy head of hair. 

"You need to be brave, my dear."

"Brave?" Finney asked, trembling. This all had to be a sick dream.

"Robin, he too needs to be brave, too." She then spoke, stepping away from Finney.

"Robin is brave." Finney argued, soon to realize mother had been slipping away.

"Mama?" Finney spoke, following where Mother had been going, scared of losing her once again. Mother paused in her steps, turning to look at Finney whos eyes glistened in the light as his tears built up.

"Mama, I don't understand." He spoke, trying to grab at his Mothers hand, which she quickly moved her hand in hesitation, this scared Finney. 

"It's not safe anymore, my baby. You must be brave." Mother muttered, shaking her head. 

"I don't want to lose you, not again." Finney sobbed, trying to grab for his mother.

"The day will come in which we will reunite"

"Mama-"

"Wait my child, wait." She said once more, walking towards the light ahead.

_________

"Finney?" Robin muttered, sitting up and rubbing the crust from his eyes.

"Are you okay?" Robin asked, leaning into Finney's side as the other boy trembled.

"Mother told me a secret," Finney whispered.

"Finney, what are you talkin-"

"We must be brave."