Isn't It Strange||14

It was so different, I went from living life with a bunch of people I loved by me and now I'm living the life with everyone gone. I mostly went to seek comfort from my dad but he sometimes couldn't be there for me all the time. He had to run the Grab n Go so he was booked. But the times when he was there it felt good. I cherished my dad comforting me but sometimes it wasn't enough. My friends were gone, it was just me and Gwen. I could only see Gwen after school though since she was two years younger then me.

      Isn't it strange how your life could be perfect at one moment then be complete hell the next. It made me laugh to the point where I'd just start crying from complete sorrow. I didn't understand why I was being punished. What did I do? I played around with my necklace which remembering Vance once saying it was tacky but pretty. I smiled at that memory.

      "Y/n?" Gwen had interrupted me from my thoughts. I looked over to her as we sat on the swing set in the park.

      "Sorry, just thinking." I said as I looked down. Me and Gwen were here at the swing set because she had something really important to tell me.

      "Anyways, I had another dream again..." Gwen saying as she looked at me. She now has caught my attention.

      "Was it about the missing boys?" I asked but she just slowly shook her head. She took a deep breath. I was not getting the best feeling from this.

      "It was about you." Gwen said painfully looking at me. Me? Why was it about me, why wasn't it about Finny or Robin or Vance?!? I nodded for her to go on. "You were...in a basement and you were cut up so badly! And you had bruises, and I think the Grabber got you and and!"

      Before Gwen could finished I went over to her and hugged her. We stayed there as she sobbed into me. This wasn't what I expected, was I scared yeah. But did I want to show Gwen that I was scared as well? Not really.

      "Look Gwen, I'm not going to go missing. Even thought your dreams are true most of the time I'm going to be extra careful." I squeezed her as I said. I couldn't tell if I wasn't as terrified as she was because I was in shock or the fact that I didn't believe her...

      Why would the Grabber go after me? I'm a girl which is completely different from what the Grabber goes for. Besides I think all the stress from her brother missing is getting to her head. But I didn't just want to disregard what she said. I had to keep in mind to be careful around here.

      "It was horrifying to see you like that. I didn't see any of the missing boys as beat up as you." She said looking up to me. I wiped the tears off her cheek, Gwen was like my little sister and I couldn't bare seeing her like this.

      "Gwen it's probably the stress from Finny being gone. Don't worry, I'm not going anytime soon." I hugged her again and then she nodded against me.

      After that I walked Gwen home making sure she was ok. I waved her goodbye then walking home myself. Me? Going missing, the way Gwen described I looked pretty beat up. It didn't make sense though, why would the Grabber go after me. It seemed a bit out of his way, I don't think I'm his type anyway. Last time I checked downstairs I was female.

      Continuing to walk I thought about Vance. My mind now had a special compartment in my head for him. I wish I could hold his hand again or see his curly blonde hair and play with it. Like couples do I sorta guess.

      I didn't really notice when a black van parked in front of me. The man rushed out holding his groceries and then dropping it rapidly on the ground from being clumsy. The feeling in my gut told me to turn around and so I did. I'm not letting Gwen's dream come true.

      "Young lady! Could you help me pick up my groceries?" The man said behind me. Fucking hell, I turned around. He wore a black top hat with a complete black outfit.

     "Sorry my grandma who's really sick needs me at home." I said. That was a complete lie, my grandparents died two years ago.

     "You can't even help me pick up the bag?" Him saying with a creepy laugh. I cringed at his laugh but I felt bad so I went over and picked up his bag handing it to him.

      "Thank you Y/n." He said. How the fuck did he know my name. My immediate reaction is to run so I turned around to run before he gripped my hair pulling me back.

      I tried to yell but he muffled it by putting his hand over my mouth. He then dragged me back to his van getting black balloons from the back entwining them with me. He tried spraying my mouth with something but I bit him as hard as I could. He yelled in pain before turning me around slapping me. It stung but not enough for me to stop struggling. Then spraying it in my mouth which ended up being a sort of drug. He tossed me in the back of his van.

      It was all beginning to blur, fuck how could I let this happen?!? I was so fucking stupid, I knew something was wrong why didn't I just ignore him? I tried staying awake as the van started to move. My limbs started to feel weak, and soon I couldn't move them. Trying to stay awake a bit longer but it was so hard. I could only imagine what would happen next. Would I find out that Vance and every missing boy was dead. Or is this even the Grabber and a new kidnapper. Before I could even answer that it all went dark.