Chapter 4

Sam's POV

Colby and I are laying down on his bed when he turns to me and smiles. "I can't believe you convinced them to come with us," he says.

"It was easy," I say. "All I had to do was point out the fact that everyone loves it when we're all together, and they could join us for moral support, given everything that we've been through the last year."

Colby wraps his arms around me and pulls me close to him. "I've been feeling really lonely since everything happened," he says. "When you got into the accident, I was so scared I was going to lose you. I told you I loved you while you were in the hospital. You hadn't woken up yet, but I knew you'd hear me somehow. When I finally confessed to you how I've always felt about you and you said you felt the same way, I was happy. More happy than I'd ever been in my entire life. But for some reason, I still felt sad.

"When I was hospitalized, I was afraid of you guys hating me and the fans turning on me. So seeing all the positive comments and being here with you guys reminds me of what I have every single day. The fact that you guys came to visit me on a regular basis gave me the strength to keep going and not give up."

We look at each other intently. Colby puts his hand on my cheek and pulls me even closer for a kiss. When our lips touch, a sad look appears on Colby's face. It's almost like he's being reminded of something he wish he could forget. Maybe that's what's been keeping him up at night. Every now and then, he has nightmares, which have been occurring since we came back from the witches forest last year.

Colby stares off into the distance for a few seconds. Then he turns to look at me. "I'm so tired," he says. He closes his eyes and rests his head on the pillow. "Goodnight, Sam."

"Colby?" I say.

"Hmm?" Colby says, keeping his eyes closed.

"You don't have to go through this alone."

Colby's doesn't answer. I decide to try it one more time. "Colby?"

"Hmm?" he says again in a more sleepy tone.

"I love you."

"I love you, too," he says.

I close my eyes and drift off to sleep at almost the same time as Colby.

Hey, guys. This chapter is short, but I think it fits good with the story. The plot will start to pick up the pace in the next few chapters. So keep reading to find out what happens.