Chapter 13

Asher

I sigh as I feel myself starting to wake up more.

I sink further into my pillow, burying my face as a familiar scent floods my nose.

Only, it's not the familiar scent I was expecting.

I slowly start to wake up, keeping my eyes shut when I feel an arm and hand on my back. Amara.

Her legs were tangled with mine as I lay on my stomach, both my hands underneath my pillow as she uses my bicep as a pillow.

"Shit, I'm so sorry." I look down to see the short brunette that just ran into me.

"You're okay." I say as I let out a chuckle.

She peers up at me through her long, dark lashes. Hazel eyes widening slightly.

My eyes scour every freckle that covers her face. Mentally counting each little dot.

I clear my throat, looking towards the door. "You in this class?" I ask.

"Yeah..." She says, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Sit by me?" I find myself asking.

"Um.. Sure."

The familiar pair of hazel eyes meet mine as a tired smile spreads across Amara's lips.

"Buenos días." She whispers, closing her eyes again.

I slowly move my arm out from beneath her head and drape it over her waist, pulling her closer to me.

"Did you sleep good?" I ask and she nods.

"Mhm..", she hums, "Did you?"

"I did." I answer.

"That's good." She whispers, moving her head closer to mine.

The tip of my nose hits her forehead as she sighs, moving her hand further up my back till she reaches my shoulder.

I tilt my head up slightly, placing my lips on her forehead for a second before I pull away.

"What are you doing today?" Amara asks, her nails lightly moving back and forth on my bare skin.

"I have practice this afternoon. That's about it." I answer and she nods. "What about you?"

"Remi and I are meeting a couple of girls from the volleyball team for sand volleyball and lunch."

"What time?" I ask.

"I think they said eleven." She says, her hand moving from my back to tangle into my hair.

"You should come to practice." I say, opening my eyes to meet hers.

"Really? You want me to?" She asks and I nod.

"Of course." I say and a cute little grin appears on her face.