BONUS CHAPTER - 3

Asher

18 months later...

"Babe, have you seen my blow dryer?" Amara's voice comes through the phone.

"Did you check your suitcase?"

There's a moment of silence.

"Thank you!" She exclaims and I chuckle, hanging up the phone.

"Mamá doesn't always look very good, does she?" I ask, looking over at Everette and Leo.

"Mama!" Leo squeals, jumping up and down.

I unzip the zipper, climbing off of the trampoline, "Come on Bubbas. Let's go take a bath."

I put my hands out as Everette wobbly runs towards me, falling down once along the way, "Baf?"

"Yeah, bath." I smooth down his curly hair. The static from jumping on the trampoline for that past thirty minutes had caused many strands to stick straight up. I put my free arm out for Leo as he continues to jump up and down, "Bubby come on."

Leo giggles, bouncing onto his behind.

"Mamá is waiting."

"Mama! Mama! Mama!" He exclaims, clapping his hands as he runs towards me, face planting along the way. He stands back up with a giggle before leaping into my arm. I kiss Leo's cheek, and then Everette's as I walk towards the back door of the house.

I set both boys down, "Come on, let's go find Mamá."

I let them lead the way, helping keep them upright as they take one step at a time until we reach the top of the stairs.

"Mama!" Everette yells, waddling into our bedroom.

"In here Bubbas!"

"Papa!" Leo reaches his arms up for me. I bend down picking him up and walking into the bathroom.

"Bubs!" Everette exclaims as Amara lowers him into the bubble-or bubs- filled bathtub.

"Yeah! They are bubbles!"

I squat down, setting Leo on the tile floor in between my legs, "Simon says... Lift your arms up!"

Leo squeals, raising his arms in the air. I pull his long sleeve, cartoon alligator printed shirt off.

"Simon says jump as high as you can!" Leo squeals again as he bends his knees before jumps up and I gasp, "That was so high!", I exclaim and he laughs.

"Put your arms down." I say and he drops his arms. I click my tongue, "Simon didn't say, you little stinker." I grab ahold of Leo, pulling him into my chest as I smother his face with kisses.

"Papa!" Leo yells out through laughter.

I set him back on the floor before undressing him the rest of the way and setting him in the tub with Everette- who is currently blowing raspberry and speaking gibberish to himself.

Amara kisses the top of my head as she stands up, "I'm gonna go start dinner. Watch the s-"

"Soap. I know baby. We've been doing this for almost two years." I chuckle, patting the outside of her thigh.

"Call it a motherly reflex." She giggles, walking out of the bathroom.

I move to sit on the edge of the tub, rolling the sleeves of my long sleeved V-neck up past my forearms.

"What are we playing?"

"Fuck!" Everette exclaims, holding up the yellow rubber duck.

I stifle a laugh, "Hey, no. We don't say that word. That's a duck."