Chapter 24

Asher

"You think Natalie will say something to Amara?" Levi asks as I stop in front of him and Lincoln.

"I hope not. I kinda forgot to warn her." I say, feeling guilty.

"Dude, really?"

"I didn't even think about it. Sorry that I'm not thinking about my ex-girlfriend, especially while I hang out with my current one." I say, adjusting my baseball cap.

"I feel like that's a little different. Considering she's kind of, I don't know, is psychotic the right word?" Levi asks and Lincoln nods.

"I'd say psychotic doesn't do her justice. She's beyond that." Lincoln says and I chuckle.

My eyes land on the spot I know they're sitting. Looking for the two girls that were not there when I looked earlier.

As if sensing my gaze Amara's eyes found mind and the corners of her mouth pulled up into a grin.

She lowers her head, saying something to Annie with her eyes still on mine.

Annie looks up and waves with a grin on her face. I smile, waving back before she goes back to talking to Olivia and Remington.

Damn, did she look good with that baseball cap on backwards.

"Hey, you got a little drool spot." I hear Lincoln say as his finger swipes across my chin.

I smack his hand away, "Shut up fucker."

"You're just mad that I'm right."

"She's got you wrapped around her finger." Levi adds.

"Oh, you're one to talk."

"Oh, I know. I'll admit, I'd do anything for Liv." He says, a grin on his face.

"Shit. She's going right up to her." Lincoln says, hitting my chest.

"Who?" I ask, following his gaze.

I stand up straighter when I see Natalie standing in front of Remington.

I can only see part of Amara's face, due to Kate, Natalie's best friend, standing in front of her.

Amara

"You do know that Lincoln and Kate are kind of a thing, right?" Natalie asks as I roll my eyes.

"Why does that matter?"

"I've heard you've been talking to him." Natalie says, crossing her arms.

"Yeah, okay. Listen, I have a boyfriend. And personally, I don't give a fuck about anything that comes out of any of your mouths." Remi says and I stifle a laugh.

"You think this is funny? You took my boyfriend!" Natalie yells.

"I definitely did not but, I'm not arguing with you." I say, leaning back in my seat.

My eyes lock on Asher as he watches intently.

The look on his face is enough to make any person want to cower, and maybe even crawl under a rock.