Chapter 18

Amara

"What's going on in that pretty little head of yours?" Asher asks, his hand tapping the inside of my thigh.

"Hmm?" I hum, looking over at him.

"You're thinking about something. What is it?" He asks, his other hand loosely gripping the steering wheel.

"Oh, I mean, it's nothing, really." I say and he sighs.

"I thought we talked about this. I want to know things like this. I wouldn't ask if I didn't care." He says, squeezing my thigh.

"I'm trying. I'm just not used to it." I say and he lightly squeezes my thigh again.

"I know baby, I know." He says, looking over at me for a second. "Now, what's got your mind racing?"

It was crazy how well he already knew me in such a short amount of time.

"Do you have Spring Break plans?" I ask, looking over at him.

"I was just gonna go home."

"Oh." I say, trying to hide the disappointment in my voice.

I shouldn't be disappointed. I mean, we've barely been dating. I didn't actually expect him to come to Barcelona with me, did I?

"Why do you ask?"

"Well, there's just... It's my brother's wedding. And, the whole family wants me to bring you..." I say, trying to gage his reaction.

A smile spreads across his lips, "It was your family's idea?"

"Yeah. They've been bugging me non-stop about it."

"Do you want me to come?" He asks, his eyes still on the road.

"I mean, I wouldn't complain. But if you think it's too soon for something like that, or you don't want to go, you don't have to. I won't be mad." I say sitting up slightly.

"I don't think it's too soon. I mean, I like to think we were friends before all of this so, really, I've known you since September."

"I suppose."

"I'll come if you want me to." He says and a smile forms on my lips.

"Are you sure? Your family won't be mad?"

"Adelaide will give me shit for it but it'll all be in a joking manner. Annie might be sad but she's little so, she just doesn't understand it." He says and I nod.

"There's a catch..." I say, pressing my lips together.

"Am I gonna have to share a room with your brothers or something?"

"What? No. I have my own hotel room." I say and he chuckles. "It's kind of in Barcelona..." I say and Asher looks over at me.

"Like.. Spain?" He asks and I nod. "Cool. Sounds fun. Never been to Spain."

"You're okay with going to Spain with me to meet my family?"

"Of course. I got a passport, might as well use it. Besides, who would pass up a trip to Spain with their incredibly sexy girlfriend?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

Ah. There it was. My new favorite word. Girlfriend. I was Asher Rhodes' girlfriend.

"Just so we're clear. You know you're my girlfriend, right?" Asher asks as I sit up, looking away from the TV.

"Oh?"

"You heard me. You're all mine. Nobody else gets to even look at you now." He says and I giggle.