Chapter 23

Amara

"Why am I so nervous?" I ask, readjusting Annie on my hip.

"Cause it's your first game as his girlfriend. You're gonna have to deal with all the cleat chasers." Olivia says as my eyes widen.

"Oh my God, I didn't even think about that." I say and she chuckles.

"You'll be fine. You just have to learn to ignore them. They're just jealous little girls that pay too much to get their hair done and it ends up ruining their hair anyways." She says, chuckling.

"I see he gave you his jersey, though." She nods to the black, large jersey that I had on- fully unbuttoned- over a slightly cropped, ribbed tank top.

"Yeah." I say, smiling at her.

"He's never done that before. So, this is a big deal. You're about to piss a lot of girls off. Especially Natalie."

My brows furrow, "His ex?"

"Yeah. She always asked to wear his jersey and he would never let her."

"She's here?" I ask, walking through the gate after they scanned the tickets on my phone.

"Yeah. She's like obsessed with him. He just blocks her out though so, I wouldn't worry if I were you."

Oh yeah, sure. That'll be super easy.

I awkwardly chuckle, "Great."

"Can we get a pretzel?" Annie asks, pointing to the concession stand.

"Yeah. That's fine." I say and Olivia and I turn in that direction.

As we stand in line, I see a familiar blonde walking towards me and my brows furrow, "I thought you weren't coming." I say when Remi stops in front of me.

"Well, Landon pissed me off. This is my revenge." She huffs, crossing her arms.

"Hi!" Annie says.

This girl had no social problems, that's for sure.

"Hi!" Remi says, smiling at her. "You must be Annie."

"That would be me." She says as we take a step forward.

"I'm Remington." Remi says and Annie giggles.

"That's a funny name."

"I think it's pretty." I say, pinching her sides.

"You can call me Remi." She says.

"Like in Ratatouille?"

"I love being compared to a rat." Remi says and Olivia and I chuckle.

"At least Remy is a cute rat. He can cook too." Olivia says and I nod im agreement.

"I like Ratatouille!" Annie exclaims.

"Okay then." Remi says as I step up to the front of the line.

I get two sodas, a pretzel, and a popcorn because Annie and I couldn't decide which one sounded better.

"Anyways, care to share what Landon did?" Olivia asks as we make our way towards the seats.

"He accused me of cheating on him with Lincoln." She says and I scoff.

"So, you showed up at Lincoln's game for revenge?" Olivia asks and Remi nods. "I love you. Marry me."

"Gladly." Remington says, linking arms with her. "I will definitely be posting on Instagram later." She says, fixing her LSU shirt.

"As you should." Olivia says as we sit down in our front row seats behind home plate.

"Maybe you should even take a picture with Lincoln." I say and Remi gasps dramatically.