Chapter 17

*Trigger warning*

Asher

"Maybe you should check those." I say, chuckling as Amara's phone vibrates for the eleventh time.

"Uh ah." She groans, backing herself further against me. "Was your hand on my boob the whole night?" She asks.

"Damn near." I say and she giggles.

I bury my face in the crook of her neck, my hand lightly squeezing her breast in the process.

"Baby."

"Hmm?" She hums, her hand reaching around to tangle into the hair at the back of my head.

"Check your phone." I say and she groans.

The phone vibrates again and I sigh, lifting my head up as I remove my hand from under her shirt. She groans again as I reach over and grab her phone from the nightstand, along with my glasses.

I hit the power button to reveal 17+ messages from a group chat.

"Who is it?"

"I think your family."

"The password is 123456." She says and my brows furrow.

"You're joking, right?"

"Obviously. It's 578381."

"5, 7, 8, 3, 8, 1." I repeat as I type the numbers in.

It unlocks to reveal a whole bunch of apps and a picture of her, Remington, and her niece, as her lock screen.

I click on the messages app before hitting the group chat. New texts come in as I slide to the first message that was sent today.

"Valeria's water broke." I say and Amara instantly sits up, her eyes finally open.

"What?" She asks, snatching the phone out of my hand. "Shit." She mumbles when an incoming call starts to come in.

"Óye, Mamá." She says, playing with the seam of the sheets.

"Lo siento, estaba dormido."

"Mamá, cálmate."

Her brows furrow, "¿Qué? ¡No tuve sexo con él!"

"¿Quién te lo dijo?" She asks, sitting up on her knees. "Mamá, tell me." She says, her brows knitted all the way together.

"I'm gonna kill him." She says, her jaw slightly clenching. "I will call you back." She says before she hangs up the phone, an irritated look on her face.

"What's wrong?" I ask, my fingers brushing hers.

"Hold on." She says before she stands up, her large t-shirt stopping just under her ass.

She holds the phone up to her ear, "Benjamín, ¿le dijiste a Mamá?"

"No. I specifically asked you not to because I wanted to tell her about Asher myself and you went and ran your big mouth like you always do." She says and my eyes slightly widen.

Don't you just love siblings?

She starts to walk back and forth as she begins to- calmly- yell at him. "No tires de esa mierda conmigo. No era tu secreto. Sabías lo serio que era esto."

"¡Oh, no puedes gritarme!"

"Eso es todo. Voy a llamar a Adelina. Dios, eres exasperante." She says, gripping the roots of her hair. "Maybe I should tell Mamá, that you lost your virginity in high school." She says and I purse my lips in amusement.