Chapter 16

Amara

Asher squats down in front of me, untying my shoelaces before pulling my Converse off along with my socks.

"Asher..", I say and he looks up at me, "What are you gonna do?"

A sweet smile appears on his lips, "What do you want me to do baby?" He asks and my heart crumples at the nickname.

"I don't know. I don't do things like this." I breathe out, "I don't have sex with a different guy every night." I blurt before clamping my jaw shut.

His brows furrow, "Is that what you think of me?"

"What? No. It came out wrong." I say and he stands up.

I follow his lead, tilting my head to look up at him. "You think I have a different girl in my bed every night?"

"Not exactly that." I say, immediately wanting to smack my hand against my forehead.

"Listen, I know I'm not a fucking saint but, I thought that..." He says, taking a step back from me.

"You thought what?"

"Maybe... Maybe I should go." He says, picking up his phone and sliding it into his pocket before he turns around and reaches for the door.

"Asher, wait." I plead, following him into the hallway. "I didn't mean it that way."

He stops in his tracks and turns around, "Then what way did you mean it? Cause it sure as hell sounded like you think I'm a fucking man whore that fucks girls left and right and doesn't give a shit about them." He slightly raises his voice as I take a step back.

His expression softens, "Shit. I didn't mean to yell. I'm sorry.", he takes a step towards me, "I just don't like that you think of me that way. Like all those other pricks that really are fucking a different girl every night."

"I don't think of you do but, you still have a reputation, Asher. I hear and read what people say."

"You should know that less than half the things on the Riverside Uni Daily are true."

"So, girls talking about how you're packing a stretch limousine, is false?"

"Don't change the subject." He says, looking down at me. "But, yes. I am kind of packing a stretch limousine." He says with a chuckle and my eyes widen.

"Jesus Christ. I need to pray." I say, turning on my heel.

Asher's hand clasps with mine as he pulls me back, "We can talk about my dick later. We're not done with our previous conversation." He says, his thumb drawing circles on the back of my hand.

"Do you really think I'm a man-whore?" He asks in a sad tone.

"Are you a man-whore?"

"I don't think so. I mean, yeah, I have fun but, I look like a fucking angel compared to my sister. Which is disgusting to even think about." He slightly shudders as I chuckle.

"Okay." I say softly.

"Okay, what?"

"Okay, I don't think you're a man-whore." I say and his lips quirk up into a tilted grin.

"Really?"

"Really."

"Good. Now, where were we?" He asks, turning me around and leading me back into my room.

One second I'm walking towards my bed, the next I'm being turned around and picked up by the backs of my thighs as I let out a squeal.

Asher kicks the door shut with his foot as I wrap my legs around his waist.