BONUS CHAPTER - 4

Amara

6 months later...

"Mamá! I, I, I hungwy." Everette stands up in the Wonderfold Stroller Wagon.

"You're hungry?"

"Yeah." He says, holding onto the edge of the stroller wagon.

"What do you want? Pretzels?" I reach into the backpack that's sitting in the empty- and reserved- seat next to me, pulling out a small to-go bag of Snyder's Minis.

"Yes!"

"Is Jack coming?" Greyson asks, leaning over to look at me.

I nod, "Yeah. He's actually retiring this Fall... Well, he says he is.", I chuckle, clutching the plastic bag on both sides between my fingers.

"Mamá!"

"I'm getting it baby, hold on.", I tear the bag open before handing it to Everette, "What do you say?"

"Fank you!" Poor kid can't make a "th" sound yet.

"Sit back down, Mijo.", I turn back to Evelyn and Greyson, "He was supposed to retire last Fall. And the Fall before that. I think he's just scared he won't have anything to do when he finally does."

Greyson nods, "I get that. The only reason I retired when I did was because of my shoulder. I always said I'd play till I physically couldn't anymore."

"I had to force him. One more injury to his shoulder could've been bad.. Really bad." Evelyn explains and I chuckle.

"I'd like to think I'd still be playing now if it weren't for that but, we all know I wouldn't. You ever seen a fifty year old hockey player?" Greyson laughs, leaning over Evelyn.

I shake my head with a smile on my face,"No, I don't think I have."

"Aba!" Leo squeals. I look over and see Mamá and Papá coming down the steps.

"You see Abuela?" I ask, standing up.

"Aba! Aba! Aba!" Leo bounces up and down in the wagon. I reach my hands down, pulling him and being careful not to hit his head on the canopy attached.

"Mara, can I feel the baby?" Annie asks, climbing out of the wagon and lifting Everette out.

I giggle, "Come here.", I place Annie's hand on the lower side of my stomach, "Give her a minute."

"You look amazing, Amorcito." Mamá places her hand next to Annie's.

"Gracias, Mamá." I lean over, placing a kiss to her cheek.

My hand lands on top of Annie's, just in time for that familiar flutter, "She kicked!" Annie squeals, a huge grin on her face, "Look Mom!"

"Yeah.. You did the same thing when you were in my belly." Evelyn grabs ahold of Annie, smothering kisses all over her cheek.

Annie laughs, "Nuh uh!"

"Uh huh!"

"Hi Papá." I smile down at my dad.

"Yeah, hello." He waves his hand at me, not even looking up from Everette as he kneels down in front of my curly headed toddler.

"How'd the first haircut go?" Mamá asks as I sit back down.

I glance up at her, a frown on my face, "Fine."

Mamá slightly leans over me, giving Evelyn a hug before moving the diaper bag and sitting down beside me.