Chapter 15 : It's A Trap

It was 7 in the evening when Abhimanyu left for the Awards. He was, once again, nominated for ‘Entrepreneur Of The Year’, which he had been winning for the last 3 years in a row. Truth be told, he didn't care much about it. Every person wants appreciation, yes. But for him, his company being the best and his employees being happy with what they're doing, that was his appreciation. That's all he wanted.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, hold your breaths because the youngest, most eligible business tycoon of India, continuous winner of ‘Entrepreneur Of The Year’ for the last 3 years, is here. Let's welcome, ABHIMANYU BIRLA!” - he heard a lady, probably the host of the night, announcing enthusiastically as he arrived the venue. He stepped out of his car and was immediately engulfed in flashes of cameras. His guards made a circle around him and led him inside. He made his way towards his seat, greeting a person or two, on his way.

The ceremony started and one category after another went by. The category for entrepreneur of the year came last, as always.

“And the award for Entrepreneur Of The Year goes to...”

“Abhimanyu Birla! CEO Birla Empires!” and the hall rang with applause. Abhimanyu stood calmly and went on stage to collect his award.

“Congratulations Mr. Birla. Fourth year in a row. And once again, 100% company output. Share your little secret please ?” - The host said with a teasing smile. Abhimanyu laughed wholeheartedly at this.

“Would you believe if I said that the secret is nothing but happy employees ?” - he said with a mischievous smile, his eyes shining. “Even in daily life, a person will be the most productive only when he loves what he's doing. I just apply that theory to my company.” - he finished simply and the hall rang with applause once again.

~

When Akshara entered BE the next morning, she could feel a change in environment. It felt...

Cheerful.

She was making her way towards the elevator when she bumped into Aryan.

“Hey Akshara! What's up!” - said Aryan with a smile.

“I'm fine but where are you these days ?” - she asked him. He was barely seen on 40th floor now.

“Got my cabin changed.” - he said, sighing heavily.

“Cabin change ?” - she asked, confused.

“Yup! When we returned from the conference at Delhi, I found they'd shifted my cabin from 40th floor to 30th floor, due to some need for a cabin on 40th.” - he explained glumly. But Akshara was not listening. She zoned out the moment he mentioned ‘Delhi Conference’, and her mind started it's memory lane again.

“...and that's why I'm unable to come there because 10 floors up and down drains energy even on an elevator.” he finished his story.
Not knowing how to respond because she didn't even listen half of it, she said :

“Listen Aryan, we'll catch up later. I've to head up or else I'll be late.” - saying this she stepped into elevator.

Stepping into 40th floor, she just took two steps, when Sara came running to her shouting :

“What did I told y'all!!! HE WON!!!” - and grabbing her by the shoulders, spinned them both.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa Sara! Slow down my head is spinning.” - said Akshara, laughing.

“He really is the best. You know, after winning he gave us the credit of company's success. Ah! He has a heart of gold!” - continued Sara. And Akshara immediately realized the reason of the cheerful environment and her friend's excited state :