Chapter 42 : Wedding Bells

There was a certain bounce in Akshara's step as she came down on ground floor of BE, the time being 5 in the evening, that clearly meant, she was heading home.

Today, their families were going to meet, hopefully, to decide the dates for their wedding functions, and she just couldn't hold her excitement.

She saw Abhi walking ahead with Marcus, phone attached to his ear, busy talking. Going close to him, she grabbed his elbow and dragged him to a secluded corner, pressing him against the wall, taking him completely by surprise.

Taking the phone, that he was still holding to his ear, she cut the call and put it in his coat pocket, the surprised smile on his face only widening.

Crossing her arms, she adressed him.

“Listen Mister! It's a very important day today. Our families are meeting, and there's a chance they finalize the dates today. And since it's OUR wedding, we should be there too 'cause I want to catch every. single. detail. of it. So, leave your phone, laptops and any other work related device here because you are going with me and I want your full attention on the events there.” - she said in a bossy tone.

Abhimanyu listened to her obediently, trying to control his smile at her cuteness but couldn't. Holding her arms, he reversed their positions, now pressing her against the wall.

“Yes ma'am. Anything else ?” - he asked kissing the tip of her nose.

She looked upward, pretending to think deep and looking at him again, said :

“No. That's it for now. I'll let you know about further orders if need be.” - she said casually.

They both looked at each other for a moment and then... lost themselves in peels of laughter.

After their laughter died down, they both made their way out, towards the car.

“Keys Mr. Birla ?” - Akshara said, forwarding her hand infront of him.

Easily understanding that she wanted to drive, he handed over the keys and opened the door for her, and after getting seated, drove off.

***

Entering the main hall of Goenka Villa, they saw Manjiri and Shefali, sitting with Swarna and Suhasini, their expressions looked like they were stuck on something, while Parth and Neil were busy chatting with Kairav and Vansh. Manish and Akhilesh were also contemplating on something by the looks of it.

“Good Evening everyone!” - they greeted together, grabbing everyone's attention.

“Look they're here. Let's ask themselves.” - Manjiri said standing up and dragged Akshara to the couch, making her sit with herself, while Swarna dragged Abhimanyu along herself and made him sit beside her.

“You both! Listen carefully. According to the priest, two occasions are auspicious ; One, is 7 months from now.”

Abhimanyu and Akshara looked at each other in horror.

‘SEVEN MONTHS ?’

‘I can't stand 7 minutes without her anymore. 7 months is a BIG NO!’ - thought Abhimanyu.

‘No! Here I am ready to marry him right this instant, and there came 7 months!’ - Akshara thought, frustrated.

“And the second is, 1 month from now.” - Manjiri completed.

The love birds breathed a sigh of relief.

‘Okay. 1 month is far better than 7.’ - they thought.

“Now we're stuck here that if we are choosing the dates for next month, how will we manage the arrangements in such a short time period ?” - said Swarna with a worried expression.