Chapter 36 : Happy Birthday!

The clock was showing 1 in midnight when Akshara climbed up in Abhi's room through the window. Ever since she had known that she can enter his house on her will, she decided to take advantage of it tonight. Of course, it wouldn't have been possible sneaking into the high-security house of The Abhimanyu Birla, but when Marcus is here, then no fear.

Silently tip-toeing in his room, as to not disturb his sleep, she kept her bag on the floor and started to work.

‘Let's see how's Mr. Birla gonna like this.’ - she thought, smiling mischievously.

It took her an hour in doing her work as she was trying her damn best to not make any noise and wake him up. Satisfied, that everything was as she wanted, she tip-toed towards Abhi and softly kissed his forehead.

“Happy Birthday Love.” - she whispered, smiling brightly and then silently left through the window.

~

Sharp at 7:30 AM, the alarm went off, waking up Abhimanyu from his peaceful sleep. As soon as he started to gain consciousness, the heavenly fragrance of white roses reached his nostrils and an automatic smile appeared on his face.

Opening his eyes, he realized that he couldn't see his photo on the front wall as a line of white-rosed bouquets was in between. Frowning, he sat up and saw that his entire room was filled with bouquets of white roses placed on the tables surrounding his bed. A smile appearing on his face, he got down the bed and moved towards them. Not a single bouquet held any kind of note, but he didn't need one to know, who was the sender.

‘She's crazy.’ - he thought, grinning widely.

He was not so fond of flowers before or loved any particular fragrance, but after meeting Akshara, he had become addicted to white roses and their fragrance. He had told her that several times, and now, looking at his room, he realized that she remembered.

He grabbed his phone to talk to her and switched it on. As he was expecting, his phone went crazy with birthday mails, messages, calls that he had missed from his mother, siblings, business associates, and so many unknown numbers, he didn't even know. Keeping the phone on nightstand to wait for the notifications to die down, he decided to take a shower meanwhile.

As he entered the bathroom, the first thing he saw was another line of white-rosed bouquets and a note sticking to the mirror. Moving forward, he started reading :

“Hey Mr. Birla,

Seems like you're 26 today. Nah! I don't believe it. You look like you're aging backwards.”

Abhimanyu laughed out loud at this then continued reading :

“Well, 26 or 76, I know for sure, that you're going to remain this handsome always and would make girls swoon over you forever.”

He shook his head at her antics, the smile on his face, only widening.

“Okay, okay. I won't take much time. I know how punctual you are. So go ahead, and take your beauty shower.”

Once again, a laughter echoed in the bathroom as he started taking shower.

***

Stepping into the closet, he witnessed another line of bouquets. Shaking his head fondly, he had just crossed the 1st shelf when he stepped back, as a note caught his eyes.

“Wear an all black today. Please ? You look totally irresistible in black and I know my heart won't be able to take it, but still.

P.S. There's something for you. ;)”

Grinning, he went to his collection of black suits and just as he opened the shelf, a hand sized square box caught his eyes. Opening it, he saw an elegant black rolex wrist watch whose style was just as he liked to wear. A note fell down from the box and he picked it up to read :