Chapter 46 : One Track Mind

*The song, whose lines Akshara and Abhimanyu are singing while swaying in the kitchen, later in the chapter*

~

Abhimanyu Birla was peacefully having his breakfast next morning while reading the newspaper and Akshara was in kitchen, making coffee for him herself.

She had not let him touch his phone ever since his return from the hospital. Neither had allowed him to take any updates on office, stating 'Neil is there and Marcus is handling the rest, be a good boy and take rest' in her oh-so-cute bossy tone that he had no option left but to oblige.

As he turned the page, his eyes went wide at the news.

AMIT SAHANI AND KASHMIRA SAHANI BEHIND THE BARS, SAHANI INDUSTRIES TAKEN BY ROHAN DESAI

After the attack on business tycoon Abhimanyu Birla on Sunday night, the culprit, Kashmira Sahani got arrested on Monday along with her father, CEO of Sahani Industries, Amit Sahani who shockingly turned out to have betrayed his partner Rohan Desai and sending him jail by framing him. The evidence provided to court on Monday were verified and proved to be true and Rohan Desai got immediately released after proven innocent. As a compensation for his years being wasted in jail without commiting any crime, the court has ordered that all the shares of the company would belong to Rohan Desai and declared it as legal.

Amit Kumar has been sentenced for 14 years whereas his daughter Kashmira Sahani, responsible for a life in hit and run case 5 years ago, and the attempt to murder on CEO Birla Empires, Abhimanyu Birla, is sentenced for 7 years. She-

Abhimanyu put the paper down. His thoughts in a whirlwind.

He had figured it out that Kashmira was behind this attack and had thought that when he'll be fine and Akshara would let him connect to the outer world, the first thing he'd do would ask Marcus to leak that report on Sahanis. The question was, had Marcus done it on his own in anger ?

He was just thinking that when he saw Marcus entering the hall and going straight to the kitchen, where Akshara was.

Abhimanyu's eyebrows shot upto his hairline. He immediately understood that his little white-rosed devil was upto something.

Getting up, he made his way towards the kitchen.

~

"Ma'am the bouquet is delivered. She would have received it by now." - Marcus informed and Akshara smirked.

Ever since morning, she got to know that Kashmira was behind the bars, that too for 7 years, she thought to show some 'sympathy' and had asked Marcus to send her a bouquet 'wishing her well'.

"Good job Marcus. You can go." - she said and saw Abhi entering the kitchen.

The satisfied smirk on her face must have said something as he smiled, raising a brow and asked :

"Do I wanna know ?"

Feeling mischievous, instead of answering, she grabbed his hand and gave him a twirl, singing :

"If this feeling flows both ways ?"

making him laugh wholeheartedly as he stretched their arms out and sang the next line :

"Baby we both know"

and pulled her to him wrapping an arm around her and holding her hand in his right, they swayed and sang the next line together :

"That the nights were mainly made for saying things that you can't say tomorrow day..."

He twirled her around and then pulled back, her back colliding with his chest as the kitchen rang with their laughter.

As their laughter subsided, Abhi kept his chin on her shoulder, asking :

"You did all that. Didn't you ?"

She turned around in his arms, facing him and cupped his face in her hands.

"I did and I'm not sorry." - she said calmly.

"Neither am I." - he replied, smiling.

"I sent her a bouquet." - she said casually, playing with his collar now.

His eyebrows, once again, shot upto his hairline.

"I didn't know you could be this avenging Ms. Goenka." - he commented, an incredulous smile on his face.

Before responding, she looked down to see him bare feet on the floor and taking off her slippers as well, she stood on his feet and wrapped her arms around his neck, feeling herself closer to him than ever.

"Trust me. I let her go easily. I can be dangerous when it comes to you Abhi. I can do anything." - she replied looking straight into his eyes and heard his sharp intake of breath.

She was standing so close to him that she saw his pupil dilate and the next moment, she was sitting on the counter, once again, caged between it and him.

"Do you have any idea how hot that sounded ?" - his voice was affected by the desire clouded in his eyes.

She wrapped her legs around his waist, pulling him closer and ran her fingers through his hair.

"Mr. Birla, I know where your one track mind is going but I won't let you distract me. Remember, we have to leave by the evening." - she said, trying to gain some control over herself but it was getting difficult by the way he was looking at her.

It being a Thursday, they had decided to leave for Italy in the evening and both families were currently doing some last minute packing for it. Akshara had protested that Abhi should rest some more and they could leave by Saturday or Sunday but he had none of it. Using 'his way' with her to make her agree and of course, he had won.

And he really looked well. That was also the reason she had acquiesced. He looked so excited about the whole idea of a vacation with her that she didn't have the heart to deny him that.

"Well... we're to leave by 4 in the evening and it's half past 11. So..." - he trailed off, his eyes shining with mischief causing her to laugh. Wrapping her arms around his neck, she whispered :

"I was absolutely correct when I thought, life with you is going to be so adventurous."

His eyes shined hearing this and in a swift motion, he pulled her off the counter holding her by the waist, her legs automatically wrapping themselves around his waist as he carried them upstairs to his room.

Her laughter echoing all the way.