Chapter 40 : Welcome To The Family

Around 5 in the morning, Abhimanyu woke up to find that he was not in his room. Slowly gaining consciousness, he remembered, last night he came to Goenka Villa to meet Akshara and fell asleep here.

'Or more like she fell asleep on me.' - he thought, smiling, as his mind registered the weight on his chest.

Carefully freeing himself from her hold, he gently placed her on the bed and pulling the covers over her, got up. His eyes searched for a paper in the room and found it on the study table. Quickly penning down a note, he placed it on the nightstand and kissing her forehead softly, left through the window. Descending the ladder, he saw his guards were still outside, ready with the cars.

"Good Morning Sir." - they greeted and he nodded at them while sitting in the car.

"Let's go."

~

Sharp at 7, Akshara's alarm went off, waking her up from Abhi's dreams. Smiling, she opened her eyes to find herself alone in bed.

'Where's he ?' - she frowned, sitting up and looked here and there to find any sign of him. Just then her gaze fell on a note resting on her nightstand and a wide smile automatically came on her face as she picked it up to read :

"Good Morning Love,

It's around 5 and I'm heading home. Apologies that I'm leaving without meeting you but by the time you wake up, your family will be awake too. So didn't want to cause you any trouble with them.
Get ready quickly and come to office, I'm already missing you."

Akshara chuckled, thinking they were together all night and he wrote that when he was just standing in the room where she was sleeping. Shaking her head fondly, she continued reading :

"Don't you dare think that we were just together. We were asleep so that doesn't count."

A surprised laughter escaped her. 'He knows me too well.'

"See you in the office. Take care love.

Yours,
Abhi."

Her heart skipped a beat. She still remembered that formal note of his, he left for her in the hotel room after her panic attack, signed as 'A. Birla'. Then his note after her drunken mishap, which was signed as 'Abhimanyu', and now...

'Yours Abhi.'

Her heart just wanted to burst out with emotions and immense happiness.

Wiping the sudden moisture from the corner of her eyes, she got up and started getting ready for work.

***

It was 2 minutes to 10, when Akshara entered the boardroom, frowning.

'Why Abhi has called this meeting ?'

She took her seat thinking that and exact at 10, he entered the room, along with...

Akshara closed her eyes to calm her nerves down. Wasn't that Kashmira being too much ? Seen around Abhi's proximity nowadays ?

"Morning." - Abhi replied to all the greetings at once and took his seat.

"The reason of calling this meeting urgently is vital but it's going to take maximum 10 minutes."

His demeanor was different today. He looked...

Angry yet... satisfied.

'Strange combination.' - she thought, inwardly frowning.

Her gaze fell on Kashmira and that's when Akshara noticed, she looked paler... as if afraid of something.

"We are terminating our co-basis contract with Sahani Industries." - he said calmly.