Chapter 43 : Die A Happy Man

Sunday was a hectic affair for both, Goenka and Birla Family. Specially after, the to-be wedded couple announced that they wanted a destination wedding in Italy and they're to leave by Thursday. Ever since, the ladies from both sides, except Akshara, were busy doing packing, shopping, making guest lists that needed to be send sooner as they were to attend the wedding in abroad. The males, along with helping ladies where need be, were also busy doing shopping according to their needs, planning the final details as time was running.

Abhimanyu had straight out declared that nobody needed to stress themselves out over the arrangements in Italy. His team would take care of everything. And between the families' insisting their contribution and his firm decision doing it his way, obviously, he had won. So that left, almost nothing to plan about, taking a lot of stress from the families and they decided to just do shopping for the things they needed there, and today being Sunday, was a perfect day for it when everyone was off duty.

Akshara and Abhimanyu had flat out refused to be dragged into these chaos stating, they'll select their outfits themselves some other time. If not from here than from Italy but asked to be spared by the shopping fever of the families.

"Akshara..." - Abhimanyu whispered, stopping her by the wrist as their families entered another shop to buy God knows what.

Akshara looked at him in askance and he, after making sure that everyone had entered the shop, dragged Akshara towards the car.

"Abhi... what are you doing ?" - she asked, a smile appearing on her face at his childish behaviour.

"I'm not going to waste the remaining Sunday by giving opinions on jewelry pieces or matching watches when I could spend it with my darling fiance." - he said making her sit in the car and hurriedly sitting himself as if, she'd run away.

She laughed wholeheartedly at his irritated demeanor. Leaning towards him, she planted a soft kiss on his cheek and asked :

"So what has my darling fiance planned ?" - a shining smile on her face.

His face lit up like a kid getting his favourite toy, and replied :

"You tell. I just want to be with you."

And she felt her heart turning to liquid and dripping on the floor.

"Well it's 4 in the evening. So... let's roam the city, have dinner and then a walk in the park. It's been a while, we had one." - she said in a complaining tone.

"Okay baba. A walk in the park. And you'll drive us there." - he said smiling, as he started driving, making her smile as well.

"When I suddenly asked for keys yesterday, didn't you felt scared ? I mean, a lot of people don't trust everybody with driving even if they know how to." - she asked curiously.

"No. I didn't feel scared because you were with me. Even if you were a rash driver and something had happened, it would have been worth it." - his eyes were on the road but his smile was for her.

"If your face is the last thing I see, then I'll die a happy man."

Akshara felt a sharp pain in her heart by just the mere thought of anything happening to him.

"Abhi!" - she scolded.

"Okay okay... I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that." - he said pacifying her and they headed towards their first stop.

***

Once again, starting from greenery, they came to Hanging Gardens, the plants instantly relaxing Akshara and the water fountains refreshing her soul. From there to the Gateway Of India, and then to, once again, Juhu Beach, for a sunset view.