Chapter 47 : Welcome To Bari

It was 3:17 in the afternoon, when Abhimanyu and Akshara reached the airport. Both twinning in black shirt and jeans, they made their way towards their families, already seated in their wait.

"You're unbelievable Abhi. See, they're already waiting." - Akshara said in a low voice to Abhimanyu.

"Good thing we arrived now. Otherwise we would have also been waiting." - he replied in a casual tone, causing her to shake her head at him.

"Look they are here." - Kairav said as he stepped forward to greet Abhimanyu, asking him his well being.

"What took you guys so long ?" - Arohi asked Akshara lowly, her tone teasing.

The blush that appeared on Akshara's face was answer enough for Arohi to dissolve into silent laughter.

Akshara noticed that Abhimanyu's father, aunt and uncle were missing in the clan of Birla Family and Abhimanyu noticed her noticing that.

"They are doctors. Can't take off for a month. They'll be at the wedding." - he said gently, audible only to her as the family continued light chat among themselves.

He didn't even care if the Your Majesty Doctors were attending his wedding or not but he tried to cheer Akshara up.

She turned to him, a smirk on her face.

"I don't care if they're coming on our wedding or not. The ones who want to see us together, are going with us. That's all that matters to me."

And it was his turn to smirk.

They sat a seat away from everyone, lightly talking among each other.

"Are you scared to board the plane ?" - he asked softly, playing with her fingers that were interlaced with his.

Her head was resting on his shoulder, adoring his fingers, her mind lost in the thoughts of the upcoming month. At his question, she turned her head towards him.

"No. Ironically, any kind of fear left me on Sunday night Abhi. I'm not scared of anything anymore except for..." - she trailed off, her voice wavering.

Kissing her forehead, he whispered softly yet firmly :

"You won't lose me Akshara." - staring into her eyes and she looked at him for a moment, then leaned up, kissing his lips softly.

"And you were lecturing me on public places..." - he teased and chuckled at her blush.

"I've changed my mind." - she stated, once again getting cozy on his shoulder.

"Are you still not going to tell me where we are going ?" - she asked for the nth time that day.

Abhimanyu had already sent his team sans Marcus to Italy on Monday to see all the arrangements there so that, when they all arrive, everything should be ready. He was leaving Marcus behind to see the affairs here as Neil was also going along and Marcus was the only person he trusted enough to look after the company.

Interesting thing was, he hadn't told anyone what kind of arrangements were being done in Italy. Not even Akshara, as he wanted to see her reaction on the right moment. She only knew they were going to Italy, but where in Italy, what place, hotel etcetera, she knew nothing. And of course, her curious self was dying to know.

"No." - he said simply and she pouted, showing him her doe eyes and before his resolve could break, an announcement was made.

'Good afternoon passengers. This is the pre-boarding announcement for flight 89B to Bari. We are now inviting those passengers with small children, and any passengers requiring special assistance, to begin boarding at this time. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Regular boarding will begin in approximately ten minutes time. Thank you.'