Chapter 35 : Someone's In My Life

The Friday sun shone bright in the sky, spreading a warmth in Mumbai City it needed after the cloudy weather for the past 2-3 days. Unfortunately, the shine and warmth of the sun was unable to change Abhimanyu Birla's mood as he stepped into BE.

‘It's Friday again.’ - he thought sourly, stepping into the 40th floor. As he made his way towards his cabin, he saw Kashmira Sahani in the waiting area. She stood from her seat when she saw him coming towards her.

“Ms. Sahani, early in the morning.” - he said in a way of greeting.

Smiling, she showed her wrist watch.

“Sharp at 9. I heard you don't like those who don't value time, so... here I am.”

“I appreciate the effort.” - he said formally, ushering her towards his cabin.

Passing by Cabin 2, he looked sideways and found his lady love sitting on the chair, concentrating on a paper infront, with one hand supporting her head, while the other holding a pen that was currently in-between her lips, making his heart race.

“What would you like to have ?” - he asked Kashmira as they got seated in his cabin.

“Tea please.” - she replied with a smile.

Ordering the tea for her, he called Akshara.

“Good morning Mr. Birla.” - her tone was mischievous and he could hear a wide smile in her voice, bringing an automatic smile on his face.

‘Goodness! She makes it so hard for me to be formal.’ - he thought and composing himself, said :

“Ms. Goenka. In my office. Now.” - he said, which in words, was an order but his tone made it feel like he was requesting her.

A moment later, his cabin door knocked and he asked her to come in.

Dressed in high-waisted black pants, black top with a navy blue fitted coat over it, her hair were sleek straight that she had left open, she was looking hot. So hot that he was thinking to usher Ms. Sahani out of his office on urgent basis.

‘Stop it! Be professional!’ - he scolded himself mentally and trying to control his desires, adressed her.

“Have a seat Ms. Goenka.” - and after she sat, he continued :

“Ms. Sahani, meet my chief advisor, Akshara Goenka.”

Kashmira looked at Akshara, then shook hands with her.

“She's handling the main factors of this project. Her advices are vital. So she'd be accompanying us on the visit to site.” - he informed but his gaze was just not leaving Akshara's face. He was helpless.

~

Akshara sat stunned at hearing his words. This was not planned. She was not informed that she'd have to go and honestly, she was not needed at the site either. She looked up to find the reasons in his eyes, only to find him staring at her with such intensity that made her squirm in her seat. She couldn't handle it, it was too much for her weak heart. Blushing slightly, she broke their eye-lock and looked beside her to find Kashmira gazing at the table with a frown. Like she was deep in her thoughts.

“Ms. Sahani, we don't have all day!” - Abhi's sharp voice brought Kashmira to present and Akshara turned her face to hide her smile.

“I'm sorry, I got lost for a moment. So, shall we ?” - she said quickly standing up and looked at Abhimanyu.

Abhimanyu turned towards Akshara, looking at her with the same love-filled eyes that melted her heart everytime, and asked :

“Shall we ?”