Chapter 28 : Pain

The sunlight coming from the window didn't help Akshara's headache the next morning. She had not slept even for a second. Crying, sobbing and sometimes downright breaking throughout the night. She had called Abhimanyu numerous times but all her calls returned unanswered. But she didn't stop. She kept calling him every five minutes, and when morning came, she didn't realize.

“Why it's Sunday today ?” - she cried out loud, cursing her fate that she couldn't even go to office to meet him and try to talk to him.

Knock. knock.

Hearing the knock Akshara sprinted towards the bathroom and washed her face. Trying to look as presentable as she can, she rushed to open the door.

It was Arohi.

“Hello sleepyhead! Taking advantage of it being a Sunday haan ?” - said Arohi with a bright smile, settling on bed. But her smile faded when she looked at her sister.

“Akshuuuu... are you okay ?” - she asked, her brows creasing in worry.

Akshara tried her damn best to smile but her body was just not co-operating with her fake attampts.

“No Aru. I'm not. My head is hurting like hell. And the sunlight coming from the window woke me up.” - she partially lied and partially told the truth.

“Awn, then why didn't you drew the curtains in night... you won't have been disturbed.” - said Arohi worriedly. “I'll give you a medicine, take it and then rest. I'll tell everyone to not disturb you. Okay ?” - Arohi said, caressing her forehead, which was actually quite calming.

“Okay.”

And after she took the medicine, Arohi made her lie on the bed, pulling covers over her and drawing the curtains as well. Already running high on emotions, Akshara felt overwhelmed.

“Aru...” - she called her sister when she was about to leave the room. She turned towards Akshara to listen.

“I love you.” - she said, her eyes getting moist at the reminder that she was supposed to say these words to him today.

Smiling, Arohi came back towards her. Kissing her sister's forehead softly, she said :

“I love you too Akshu. Get some rest. You look tired.”

And when sleep took over her, she didn't realize.

~

As Abhimanyu saw the sun dawning from the window of the hall, he stood up. He had spent the whole night, sitting on the floor beside the shattered glasses and as he stood, his body cried in pain due to being in the same position all night. But it was nothing. Nothing infront of the pain that he was feeling in his heart.

“Sir breakfast ?” - he was ascending the stairs when Peter's voice reached him.

“I'm not hungry Peter. Just want to be left alone.” - saying this he came to his room and headed for a shower. Even after being awake whole night, he was not sleepy. Freshly showered, he came downstairs to see the mess that he had created in the hall was gone.

“Get a new fish tank for the wall.” - he said passing by Max.

Coming outside, he sat on one of the benches in the lawn, closing his eyes as the morning breeze touched his face.

“May I bring your breakfast here Sir ?”

It was Marcus.

Opening his eyes he looked towards the vast area of the lawn, dew drops shining on it after the rain that continued till the morning. His brain instantly conjured up the memory of two times when Akshara stood there, bare feet, opened arms, feeling the showers on herself.