Chapter 24 : Jealous ?

With Abhimanyu, how time flies Akshara doesn't realize. It was almost a month now since they had started dating and she feels like she knows him since forever. His likes, dislikes, the things that make him happy and the things that make him loose his temper in the blink of an eye. His moods, his behavior, when he needs what, she had known by now like she knows the back of her hand.

And their relationship has flourished like a bud growing into a beautiful flower.

Attending meetings together, partners in conferences. Having lunch together was a tradition of them now. Sometimes in his cabin and most of the times, he'd drag her out to try new restaurants or go to his or her favourite places. They behave very professionally infront of everyone. A classic example of a formal relation between a boss and an employee. But when no one's around...

That was another story altogether.

She didn't think there was a single corner left in his cabin where they had not kissed. His table, his chair, the couch, against the door and every wall of the room. Even his elevator was not safe from their passionate romance. They hadn't gone beyond kissing yet as they were taking it slow but she was sure that if they did, she won't mind.

Emotionally, their connection has bloomed.

She feels herself in sync to him. And him to her. He was so considerate in everything when it comes to her. His care and protectiveness for her just makes her fall for him even more which, considering the amount of love she had for him, she didn't think was possible. Going on long drives, walking in parks under the starry sky, hands intertwined, talking about random things, or him occasionally bringing bouquets of white roses for her...

Everything was so special, so perfect that sometimes she feared she was dreaming and on waking up everything would disappear.

“Akshara! Ready for the meeting ?” - Sara's question broke her reverie. It was lunchtime and she was sitting in the cafeteria after so long as Abhimanyu had to head out for some work, which in her opinion was related to the meeting going to happen after lunch.

“Yup! Let's go.” - and they both headed towards the boardroom. Exact at 1 PM, Abhimanyu entered along with the owner of the company who wanted to start a project with BE on co basis. And the owner was...

A lady.

She looked around the age of 29 or maybe 30, wearing a white work dress, with shoulder length hair. Her attitude screamed ‘I'm superior’ causing Akshara to dislike her in an instant. She introduced herself as Ms. Sheetal Kumar before taking or more like owning her seat.

“So Ms. Kumar, you want to start a co-project with BE. Why ?” - asked Abhimanyu.

‘Straight to the point.’ - Akshara thought, smiling inwardly.

Sheetal leaned forward in her seat and looking straight at Abhimanyu, replied :

“Because of you.”

Wait. A. Minute.

‘Had she just flirted with Abhi infront of everyone ?’ - thought Akshara, frowning.

“I mean, you're the best. BE is the best, so why not ?” - Sheetal amended her statement but her tone clearly suggested something else.

Akshara's blood boiled. She clutched the end of her black work dress she was wearing so tightly, that she was sure she had caused creases.

“That's the only reason ?” - asked Abhimanyu, raising an eyebrow.

“Welllll....” - Sheetal trailed off, her tone playful.

Akshara Goenka prided herself on keeping personal and professional life separate. But in that moment, she really didn't trust herself to not attack Sheetal for being suggestive with HER ABHI. And what was with those stares she was throwing at HER ABHI ? Oh she wanted to pop Sheetal's eyes out of her sockets.