Chapter 25 : Clouds' Warning

It was around 5 in the evening, the closing time of office, and Abhimanyu was also leaving for home. Descending to the ground floor, he stepped out of BE to see the angry black clouds had covered the sky.

‘The weather was fine just this morning, what happened to it suddenly ?’ - he thought looking towards the sky. Shrugging, he was about to sit in the car when his eyes caught something.

Akshara was standing beside the road at a distance, looking quite distressed. And just then a car stopped in front of her and out stepped...

Abhimanyu closed his eyes, trying to calm his nerves and to not kill that guy who just had become his bane of existence. Why was this guy, Aryan, everywhere ? Specially, wherever Akshara was! There was something seriously wrong with him.

Although, till now he had not done anything suspicious as he was being watched 24/7. But still Abhimanyu's gut feeling was warning him that he was a major issue. And Abhimanyu was a firm believer of : “Gut feeling is always the one to go with.”

Opening his eyes, he turned to Marcus, who was standing there opening the car door for him :

“Marcus, hand over the keys to me. You go with the other guards and take the driver with you as well...

I'll drive myself home.”

~

‘Why does it have to be me ?’

Thought Akshara looking towards the sky in utter frustration. Her car had punctured and she was standing here for the last 10 minutes but no taxi was crossing from there either. She had booked a cab God knows how long ago and it had not arrived yet. On top of this all, the sky looked it'd burst out showering the waters at any moment. And, since it was Saturday, she was also getting late to get ready for the night out.

‘Great! Just perfect!’

Just then a car stopped beside her and she saw Aryan stepping down.

“Hey Akshara! You look troubled... need help ?” - he asked stopping infront of her.

Akshara was just thinking about whether to take his help or not when a voice said :

“All okay Ms. Goenka ?”

She could recognize that voice in a room full of people's chattering.

Looking to the side, she saw Abhimanyu in his car at the driving seat and looking at her through the side window.

“Uh... actually Sir my car got punctured...” - she trailed off looking at him. The first person that came to her mind when she was in all this trouble, was HIM. But she had not asked him to drop her off because what if someone saw them leaving together and what if someone from her family saw him with her while dropping her home.

“I'm heading home. It's on the same path. I can drop you if you'd like.” - he sounded upset and she knew it was because of her not telling him about her trouble.

“Thank you so much Sir.” - she said and turning towards Aryan said :

“Thanks for your offer Aryan, but my home is in the way of his home so it would be easier.” - that was a lie because her and Abhimanyu's home were in opposite directions, but Aryan didn't need to know that. Aryan left saying bye and she turned to see Abhimanyu standing there, opening the door and waiting for her. She quickly got seated and they drove off.

On the way, he was quite. And his silence was eating her from inside. Not being able to stand it any longer, she finally adressed him.

“Abhi...”

“Yes ?” - he answered without looking at her, his tone lacking any kind of expression. She couldn't bear it.

“Abhi I'm sorry...”