Chapter 37 : Marry Me ?

Knock. Knock.

It was 3 in the afternoon when there was a knock on Abhimanyu's cabin door.

“Come in.”

And in-stepped the love of his life, with that bright smile on her face that had lit up his life ever since she had stepped into it.

“To what do I owe this pleasure Ms. Goenka ?” - he asked leaning back in his chair, a smile on his lips.

“Well...” - she put her hair behind her ear and looked down, biting her lip.

A clear indication that she was nervous.

He stood from his chair, and went towards her.

“Akshara... all okay ?” - he gently asked, putting her hair back that had fell forward on her shoulder.

“Yes. All okay. I just...wanted to ask you that... can I go home early today ? I have some work.” - she said, once again, biting her lip unconsciously.

He pulled her lip out of its misery with his thumb, and replied :

“Of course you can. Let me ask Marcus to drop-”

“No! I mean, it's fine. I'll drive myself home.” - she said quickly.

He looked at her for a moment then said :

“Okay. As my lady wishes.”

Her face broke into a shining smile as she squealed and hugged him tightly.

“You're the best!” - saying that, she pulled apart and giving him a quick kiss, left his office.

He shook his head fondly at her antics with a smile.

“So this is the right time to head home Abhimanyu.” - he said to himself.

He had already asked Marcus to see the arrangements he had asked to be done at his house for the evening. But the problem was, he couldn't find a reason to leave office early without making Akshara doubtful. And she gave him the chance herself. Because he didn't want to take Akshara directly home. He wanted to rehearse once more before asking her ‘The Big Question’.

Putting aside the nervous jitters, that were arising again at the thought of her answer, he grabbed his things and left for home.

~

Parking the car, Akshara stepped down and went inside Abhi's house.

Stepping into the main hall, she saw it decorated with golden globes hanging from the ceiling, giving the room a beautiful dimly lit glow. There were candles adding to the beauty. A line of white roses, surrounding the golden fairy lights around the wall, finishing the touches with a soothing fragrance. All in all, the place was aptly decorated according to her liking and she smiled brightly at this.

“Afternoon Ma'am.” - Max greeted her.

“Max this is...” - she trailed off in askance, signing towards the decoration.

“Ma'am it's the birthday decoration for Mr. Birla that happens every year.”

Oh. It happens every year.

She thought with a smile.

“Max, I'm heading to the kitchen but don't inform Abhi that I'm here. Okay ?” - she said in a bit ordering tone.

“Of course Ma'am.”

Satisfied, she headed towards the kitchen where Peter was busy doing the chopping.

“Good Afternoon Ma'am!” - Peter greeted her as soon as he saw her entering.

“Good Afternoon Peter. Do you mind if I take over your kitchen, once again, for a while ?” - she asked with a smile.