Chapter 32 : Enchanted

“Good morning!” - Akshara greeted everyone the next morning, coming down to the breakfast table.

“You are happy.” - commented Bade Papa, looking at Akshara with a peaceful smile on his face.

Akshara's smile got even brighter.

“These last two days, she looked like her grades had been reversed!” - Arohi commented and laughed when Akshara hit her on the head.

“I was like that because I was suffering guys... from one hell of a headache. Now I'm alright that's why I'm happy.” - Akshara explained while munching on Badi Mumma's handmade Aloo Parathas.

“Since you're alright now, why don't we go for a picnic. I'm so fed up with tests after tests in my college and besides, you hardly spend time with us. So it'll be a just family day. What's say ?” - Arohi asked enthusiastically and everybody got excited at the idea.

“I am in. Family day sounds lovely but make it on Sunday because I already took a day off yesterday. I am not going to miss anymore work days.” - Akshara stated.

Kairav, Arohi and Vansh rolled their eyes and said at the same time :

“Machine!”

“Hawwww! Bade Papa they are calling me a machine.” - she complained in a child-like voice and getting up from her seat, went behind Bade Papa and hugged him.

“No one will call my Akshu a machine.” - said Bade Papa sternly and Akshara was just giving her siblings a victorious look when Bade Papa added : “Even if she's behaving like a machine these days!” - causing everyone to burst out laughing.

“BADE PAPA!!!” - she exclaimed, looking at him with a betrayed expression.

Arohi was on the verge of falling off her chair due to laughter.

“Seems funny na ?” - said Akshara moving towards Arohi who got the idea what was going through her sister's mind as she abruptly stood from her chair and ran, Akshara right behind her.

“Wait here you dinosaur!” - Akshara's voice echoing in the house along with Arohi's laughter.

~

“WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ?” - shouted a hyper Abhimanyu Birla, slamming a file on his table and glaring at the employee standing in front of him.

“Mr. Chauhan, what was the day when I gave you this and asked you to make a presentation ?” - he asked, his tone dangerously low, indicating that someone was about to lose his job.

“Sir... Saturday...”

“Saturday. And the time period given to you was ?” - Abhimanyu asked raising a brow.

“Till Monday.”

“And, what's the day today, if you have not lost your memory ?”

“Sir, it's Wednesday...” - the employee answered, sweating profusely.

“And you, not doing your task in given time, this is occurrence no. ?” - Abhimanyu asked.

“Sir... I'm sor-”

“THAT'S NOT THE ANSWER TO MY QUESTION!!!” - he shouted.

“Sir it's the 3rd time I've failed to do my work on time.” - the employee answered in one breath.

“3rd time. Your termination letter will see you shortly. You may leave.” - Abhimanyu said dismissively.

“Sir please, I'm sor-”

He raised a single brow and the employee left.

Abhimanyu's mood was already sour as he was unable to meet Akshara since morning because of some files that were pending in his absence that needed his approval personally. Then an employee lacking in doing his work was just too much. Everybody knew how much he valued time.