Chapter 31 : A Day With Each Other

The clock was showing 10 in the morning when Abhimanyu and Akshara came down to the hall. Once again, freshly showered, Akshara was wearing a crepe pink dress with puffed sleeves while Abhimanyu was dressed in black pants, blue vest with mint green jacket over it. Hands intertwined, Abhimanyu led them to the garden area, asking Peter to arrange the breakfast there.

Coming out, Akshara went straight to the plants that she loved here last time, dragging Abhimanyu along.

"Your gardener takes really good care of them. Look at these! They are beautiful!" - she said, her happiness resembling a kid's.

But Abhimanyu was not looking at the plants. His gaze was fixed on her and her child-like excitement. Wrapping his arms around her waist from behind, he said :

"Extremely beautiful..." - his eyes just on her.

She realized that he was not talking about the plants, and freed herself from his hold, facing him.

"You are not paying attention Mister!" - she said crossing her arms.

Abhimanyu uncrossed her arms and interlaced both their hands together.

"Trust me, I'm paying full attention." - he said with a smile, then using their joined hands, pulled her closer and whispered in her ear : "On you..."

"Abhi!" - she exclaimed, blushing, making him laugh. He leaned forward and kissed her forehead softly.

"Sir breakfast is arranged." - Peter informed from afar. Abhimanyu had asked for breakfast arrangement on a mat in the garden to give Akshara the picnic vibes she wanted.

After having the oh-so-delicious pancakes made by his lady love, they were just sitting there, enjoying the peaceful morning. Or more like, Akshara was sitting and he was lying with his head on her lap, as they were planning about the day ahead.

 Or more like, Akshara was sitting and he was lying with his head on her lap, as they were planning about the day ahead

"I think we should follow what you told Badi Mumma." - he said while playing with her hair.

"What did I tell Badi Mumma ?" - she asked, scrunching her nose in that cute way that he loved.