Chapter 34 : Bad Vibes

As soon as, Akshara opened her eyes the next morning, she realized she was in Abhi's room.

‘It's becoming a routine for me to wake up here these days.’ - she thought, smiling.

Gaining proper consciousness, her mind registered the sound of running water coming from the bathroom, and she realized Abhi was taking a shower.

‘Why is he taking a shower at this time ?’ - frowning, she looked at the clock.

7:02 AM.

‘Oh yes. He must have returned from the jog.’ - she remembered, hitting her head slightly for forgetting.

Just then she heard the door of the bathroom opening and she quickly put an arm on her face, pretending to sleep. She peeked, slightly opening her eyes and the sight made her stop breathing.

Freshly showered Abhimanyu Birla, with a black robe wrapped around his waist, water droplets dripping down his chest, drying his hair with a black towel. It was NOT A SIGHT FOR WEAK HEARTS!

‘How is he mine...’

She was not blind of the way female employees looked at him, the way ladies would turn their heads to have another look of him from wherever he passes, owners or associates of opposite gender being nervous around him during meetings. At first, it made her annoyed, jealous even. But the fact that put her always at ease was his indifference towards these things. He was either oblivious or bang on ignoring, she didn't know, but he behaved like she was the only woman in this world. Like he couldn't see beyond her. And everytime he did that, she fell for him even more.

“You're staring.” - his comment broke her chain of thoughts and she realized that, lost in her thoughts, she was staring at him with fully opened eyes and he was looking at her through the mirror, a teasing smile on his face.

Her cheeks turned crimson at being caught. He walked towards her, still bare from the waist up, and sat beside her.

He leaned down on her, water droplets from his hair falling on her face, the cold water raising goosebumps on her warm skin. A droplet fell on her lip and his gaze followed suit. Leaning further, he sucked it clean from her lip, her eyes instantly closing at the feel, and just as she thought he would kiss her, he pulled back. Frowning, she opened her eyes to see him staring at her with a smirk on his face.

‘He is teasing me!’ - she realized and saw a challenging glint in his eyes.

Her eyes shined in a ‘challenge accepted’ way.

Quicker than a flash of light, she put one arm around his neck, one around his waist and using the power she didn't know she had, turned over, pinning him to bed under her. The surprised laughter that escaped him was so satisfying to her competitive self.

Putting her knees on either side of his waist, she sat on his chest, crossing her arms, a proud look on her face.

“I can do anything Mister. Don't underestimate me!” - she said, brushing off imaginary dust from her shoulders.

He kept his hands on her waist and pulled, making her fall flat on him, their faces inches away.

“Who would know more than me that you can do anything.” - he said, putting away her hair from her face, a smile gracing his features. “You have made yourself my center of attention. I can't think straight when you're infront of me and I think about you all the time when you aren't with me. If you can do these things, then you can do anything.” - he finished, his voice deeper, an intense look in his eyes.

Akshara's breath hitched at his revelation. She knew that he loved her a lot but she didn't know that he felt the exact way she felt for him. His each and every word felt like he was reading her mind. Exposing what was in her heart.