Chapter 21 : Will You ? Yes!

*The song, Abhimanyu & Akshara are dancing on, later in the chapter*

~

Akshara went straight to shopping that day after office. She wasn't able to understand what Abhimanyu had in mind or what his surprise was going to be. But one thing, on which her mind and heart agreed completely was, she wanted to look special. Wear special. Not the dresses from her wardrobe but something specially bought for this occasion. After going through dresses after dresses, she finally agreed on one.

It was a wine red, off-shoulder, knee length dress and Akshara fell instantly in love with it.

‘I'll wear this.’ - deciding on the dress, she bought it and left for home.

~

Abhimanyu Birla was nervous.

For the FIRST TIME in his life, he was nervous as he supervised the arrangements being done in his home that evening.

He was not nervous about the decorations as he knew everything would be according to his will. He was nervous about the upcoming events. The things he had planned. And most importantly, the question he was going to ask her.

‘What if she said ‘no’ ?’ - he thought for the millionth time.

“Mr. Birla, it's done.” - the man handling the decorations informed him.

‘Perfect!’ - he thought looking at the decorations.

The clock chimed 7:30 and he decided to leave for his destination.

~

Akshara was totally ready, standing infront of the mirror, looking at herself. She had paired golden stiletto sandals with her red dress. Her hair were straight till mid length, after there she had curled them softly and left open. She was also wearing mascara and wine red matte lipstick that perfectly went with her dress. She had also decided to wear her favourite heart charmed necklace but she couldn't find it anywhere. Considering, she had not time, she decided to search it deeply on her return.

7:55 PM

Knowing well that how punctual of time Abhimanyu was, she grabbed her phone and left her room.

Badi Mumma was in the hall when she came downstairs in a hurry. Looking at her dressed up, Badi Mumma said :

“Akshuuuu, you're looking gorgeous! Are you going somewhere ?”

“Yes Badi Mumma, actually... at a friend's birthday party.” - she knew she shouldn't lie, but she herself was not sure what was happening to her and around her, then how could she explain it to anyone else ?

“Are you sure I'm looking fine ?” - she asked nervously.

“Fine ? You're looking so beautiful that I'm dreading you'll catch evil eyes.” - replied Badi Mumma, warding off bad sight from her.

“Thank you Badi Mumma. I'll try to be back soon. Tell everyone to not worry.” and hugging her tightly, Akshara hurried outside to see a black car just stopping at her gate and out stepped Abhimanyu, dressed in an all black suit, making her breath hitch.

‘God bless my poor heart tonight.’

~

Abhimanyu forget to move as he stepped down the car and his gaze fell on her.

‘She'd be the death of me!’ - he thought while watching her coming towards him. She was looking so beautiful, he just...

He wanted to leave all the plan, drag her home and have his way with her.