Chapter 16 : You're Drunk

There were only two times in his life when Abhimanyu had felt scared. And ironically, both times, because of the girl, who just now had slumped onto his chest.

First, during that dance when he thought he was losing control.

And then today. When he thought that he was losing Akshara.

And the moment she fell forward on him, after throwing her guts out on the floor, he decided that whatever was happening to him, loosing control over himself was better than losing HER, his mind and heart screaming in agreement. If anyone had told him in that moment, that loosing ANYTHING in this world was better than losing HER, he would have agreed wholeheartedly.

Wrapping his left arm around her waist gently yet firmly, he made her stand fully on his weight and looked at her. She was in an intoxicated state. Semi-conscious. Murmuring unintelligible things. He brought his right hand up and put a hair strand, that had fallen on her face, behind her ear. Bending down, he lifted her up bridal style and made his way out of that damn cabin. He stopped at the door and turned back to see Marcus and his other guards dealing with the man, bleeding on the floor.

“You know what to do!” - he said looking at Marcus, who in return, nodded firmly. Turning around, he left the cabin, his focus only on the girl in his arms.

Everything else in this world could wait.

***

He stepped out of BE to find that it was raining. ‘Mumbai and it's spontaneous rains!’ - he thought to himself. His driver came running with an umbrella and started to take the car out but he asked for keys instead.

“No, I'll drive myself. Just open the front door.” - and placing Akshara carefully on the front seat, he sat on the driving seat and drove off.

On the way, he was in a dilemma about dropping her at her home while her being in such a state. And besides, he won't be able to rest until making sure that she was fine. Making up his mind, he called Marcus :

“I want you to find Akshara's phone.”

“Sir we already found it from a corner of the cabin.” - Marcus replied instantly.

“Good. Message her family and inform them that she's staying the night at a friend's.”

“But Sir, Ma'am's phone is locked.” - said Marcus

Even being on call, Abhimanyu raised a brow and that expression practically dripped down from his tone when he said :

“Do I need to remind you Marcus, that you're a pro at cracking phone codes ?”

“The job will be done Sir.” - came Marcus's immediate reply. Abhimanyu was not worried about her phone's privacy because he knew Marcus would just message her family and won't look for anything else in the phone.

Reaching home, he carried Akshara in bridal style again and entered the hall but she was not making it easier by swinging her legs and continuously squirming, like a kid wanting to be put down.

“Put me doowwwnnn” - she whined, increasing her efforts to get down, her tone completely drunk.

‘Looks like the alcohol has finally reached her brain.’ - he thought making his way upstairs. He entered his room with her and finally put her down on her constant demand.

“Wowwww! Such a pretty rooommm! Whose it ?” - she asked looking at everything excitedly, like a child in fair. Her steps were uneven and she was about to slip when he rushed forward and saved the fall.

“That's why I was not putting you down. You'll fall and hurt yourself.” - he said gently, his left arm holding her while his right hand was busy putting aside her hair that had fallen on her face. She was smiling widely while swaying on her feet. Then suddenly made a face and said :