Chapter 30: PRELIMINARIES (6)

Chapter 30: Preliminaries (6)

The Elite Four watched with eyes of surprise as Pikachu zoomed downwards toward Nidoking in a flash. Furthermore, the raven-haired boy's spur-of-the-moment creation of [Swords Dance (Fake)] made a favourable impression on all of them.

"Hoh, dear Ash just keeps surprising me every time I watch him," Agatha said with a smile.

"The child is tenacious, I'll give him that," Bruno commented with an impressed tone.

"He's quite the showman," Lorelei uttered with amazement at Pikachu's feat.

"His fangs are rather sharp, aren't they?" Lance said with an amused look.

'Show me, Red of Pallet Town. Let me see if you can reach the heavens…'

Charizard vs Golem.

An unfavourable matchup for Ash. But the raven-haired boy had made his choice. He wanted to win the last of his Prelims with his starters.

The two starters who started his journey with him together. The leaders of the team. The ones who saved him from his despair.

The boy would never betray their trust in him. He would win with them. That was what Ash Ketchum had decided.

{ BATTLE START }

"[Stone Edge]!"

"[Flamethrower]!"

A clash between pillars of stones and a jet of fire erupted. Blowing dust clouds everywhere.

As the battle raged on, Misty started getting worried.

"Is Ash going to be alright?" she asked weakly.

Although she was already used to his reckless antics, the choice of sending out Charizard against Golem made her anxious. After all, this was the last battle Ash needed to win before entering the main event.

He had won his second with relative ease, due to the efforts of Snorlax and Pikachu. However, the battle against Reiji led the boy to create the most impossible comeback of all time.

For most people, it gave the impression that Ash could win any battle, no matter how hopeless it looked. The boy would always find a way.

But for the ones who knew him, they wondered if his luck finally ran out. What's more is the fact that Ash for some reason looked extremely worn out despite still wearing his toothy grin.

"He'll be alright. Red's nothing but stubborn," Blue answered, sharing a look of worry.

Gary had returned to the stands after seeing his rival's unexpected comeback. Seeing his performance now gave him a reason to look forward to the main event.

"If this is enough to beat him then that idiot shouldn't have been my rival in the first place," he said with a blank expression.

Blue gave a little smile at that. She knew that although the orange-haired boy may say mean things about Ash, he usually meant it as encouragement. Such is the juxtaposition of a genius' way of speaking.

Reiji and Ash were now locked in a stalemate. Neither side give the other the upper hand. So far, it had only been [Flamethrowers] and [Stone Edges] back and forth.

The older Trainer had a plan. Since Pikachu had been poisoned by Nidoking, all he had to do was land a clean hit on Charizard with a Rock type move and it was smooth sailing from there. But the teen knew better than that.

Those red eyes would never allow that. They intimidated Reiji, forcing him to spam [Stone Edge] to end this quicker. The paranoia of Ash potentially performing another miracle whispered at the back of his mind.