Chapter 66: Johto Gang, Assemble

Author's Notes

Yeah, you thought you were gonna wait another month for another chapter?

SSSSIIIIIKKKKEEEE!

This is kinda an emergency chapter to write since it serves as a Part 2 of sorts for the previous one since it was relatively short.

Because of this, there isn't much of a review corner this time, but thanks to Rajiv A. Rajaram for your kind words and review!

.

As such, I'm gonna explain some things from the previous chapter, particularly the naming behind some of the characters:

Ethan Gold:
Pretty self-explanatory. It's a fusion between his canon name Ethan as well as Adventures' Gold.

Silver Giovanni:
Also pretty self-explanatory.

Lyra Ur:
Her name is a reference to the Lyres of Ur. Ur being an ancient Sumerian city from Mesopotamia times. (You can prob see why I like this name)

Inoue Elm:
It is a reference to Elm's Japanese voice actor, Kazuhiko Inoue.

Miette Napoleon:
Not Mr Bonaparte himself, but the North American name for mille-feuille, the origin for Miette's Japanese name.

Viola Blanca / Alexa Blanca:
Now this is more obscure for the Pokemon readers but for the readers that are privy to Fate, they probably know why. In the game FGO, it is the name of a fairy in the form of a moth. Since Viola's a Buy type Trainer, Blanca seemed suitable.

.

And that's about it for now. There's a piece of 'Incarnation' goodness in the chapter so I'll be addressing that below so, enjoy!

.
.

Chapter 66: Johto Gang, Assemble!

Hotel Richissime, Kalos Region

"Cynthia, you said something about mortals possessing the Gods' powers. That doesn't align with Squishy and Puni-chan's explanation," Serena asked.

"You misunderstand, Serena. Like what Cynthia said, we Gods ourselves do not have the right to possess mortals. The only exceptions are the ones with foreign origins like us or the apex pantheon of Sinnoh: The Creation Gods."

Squishy and Puni-chan rectified the honey blonde's misunderstanding, deathly serious when speaking of the Creation Gods.

]=[

ATL Entry: Creation Gods

The main pantheon of the religion Sinjohism, the most famous religion and widely practiced across the world. The Gods described were as followed:

The Left Hand of the Original One: Dialga. The Warden of Time.

The Right Hand of the Original One: Palkia. The Speaker of Space.

And finally…

The Original One Itself: Arceus.

The Divine Creator.

The religion worshipped these 3̴̥̅ Gods, following their lessons in the form of a series of parables known as the Old Verses. As such, it was the Old Verses that gave people its storied myths as well as instilled upon them its wisdom and values into them till the present day.