Chapter 57: Incarnations & Origins

Author's Notes (13)

.

Alrighty, another chapter. And its a Serena-focused chapter.

This was a hard one to write since it's a world-building chapter instead of an action chapter. Because of that, I have to filter out some important ones that will be revealed down the line and find the ones I deem reasonable enough to reveal. So, when you finish this chapter and thought 'Wow, this is quite the exposition!', don't worry, folks. This rabbit hole goes a lot deeper than you think.

Buckle up, people. There's a lot of things to unpack here.

Now, for some questions...

.

From a review:

A few while ago you mentioned that Fated was written under the idea that Ash would win the M8, lately, I've been thinking about it lately and it's got me curious and wondering what exactly is the status of the Champions here. How would they rank, who's considered the strongest and so on.
If it's there's gonna be a PWC and therefore M8, how much are you planning to change if so. You probably know how it was full of controversial choices and decisions, not just in the battles, their order and how they turned out but even on how the participants on it were portrayed.
Sorry if this is potential spoilers so it's fine if you don't want to answer this or keep it vague. Wanted to be unbiased too.

.

I'm glad this topic came up.

First off, Fated!Champions are gonna be written as Trainers strong enough to 1v1 Legendaries and win 50/50. I mean, Fated!Lance took on Mewtwo with his shiny Gyarados and was evenly matched, so imagine if he had used Dragonite instead. Plus, this was when Mewtwo was at his most volatile and he still was on par even without his ace.

Leon's still gonna be the strongest and that's including some very shocking revelation about a certain Champion who makes an official appearance this chapter unlike the previous intro. I felt like the anime and games don't really drive home of how strong Leon actually is, so after reading this chapter and getting a feel as to how strong that certain someone is, you can probably imagine how much stronger Leon could potentially be.*

As for the M8, I'll be changing it to M16 instead since, there's a lot of characters that deserved to fight with the big bois. It's a lot of battles, but when that time comes, I'll try my best to write them as enjoyable as possible.

*Edit: WAAAAH, I messed up here! Mr Guest, I'm sorry! I was on auto pilot when writing that I didn't realize how wrong this sounds. Let me clear this up:

What I meant was that the anime and games mismanaged Leon's strength, not that the anime and game made him look weak. In the anime, dude was cleaning house with Diantha while struggling against Eternatus which was confusing for me. That's what I meant by 'don't really drive home' when what I should've written 'don't portray Leon's power correctly'. Really, really sorry about that! So, TLDR, Leon's still the strongest but the power gaps are going to be more believable with the certain Champion I mentioned being the one to give Leon a run for his money.

Once again, Mr Guest, sorry for the miswritten words. I don't tolerate misunderstandings from my own mistakes so this was quite the wake up call despite my sleep deprived state. Hopefully, this'll clear some misunderstandings. Again, really sorry!

.

With that, let's start.

Chapter 57: Incarnations & Origins