Chapter 14

When I woke up I was in my bed

When I woke up I was in my bed. How the heck did I get here? Last night I tried so hard to be happy, but I just couldn't. Although I did love the way Nikolai read to me.

I get up and check the time, it's 8:30 am I'm late to school. I stay in bed staring at nothing for a few minutes. Until I finally decided to get up and go shower.

When I came out I checked my bruises they were somewhat fading. But I can still see them. I get dressed in some black sweatpants and a grey hoodie.

I go downstairs and see my brother and my mom eating in the table"Hey sweetie I don't expect you to go to school today."
I couldn't just miss out on school, my grades were already dropping.

"I need to keep up with my assignments I can't just stop going to school guys, I need a distraction I can't be here anymore it's all I can think about."
They nodded their heads and Alesso grabbed his keys. "Are you going to school like that?"

What's wrong with my clothes?

"Yes?" Alessandro nodded his head and we made our way to the car. On second thought I don't want to go. "Delilah if you by any chance feel uncomfortable call me or Elijah, we will go pick you up." I nodded my head grateful for my brothers.

We arrive to school, and I already feel anxious. "Ok you got this Del, you're strong, beautiful, and smart. If anything happens and you feel anxious call me, if your hungry call me and I'll bring you lunch, if he goes near you, call me. Love you my little del" he hugs me and pinches my arm. "Ow what was that for?" I was glaring at him while rubbing my arm

"It was getting to emotional for me" I rolled my eyes and left the car making my way into the office to get a tardy note. I enter the classroom and all eyes look at me. Ok maybe I should have stayed home.

"You were absent yesterday and you were late today, disappointed in you ms. Morecelii and to think you were top of the class." I seriously don't care right now.

I made my way to my seat when I felt someone looking at me, Jackson's friends and Nikolai. I stopped and stared at Jackson's friends, while they just smirked at me. They disgust me. I sighed and sit in my seat. I turn my head to the side and make eye contact with Nikolai.

He's so beautiful, always has been since elementary. He smiled at me and I grinned back. I swear he can instantly brighten my mood with just his presence.

I wasn't paying attention in class didn't even bother taking notes. When the bell rang I gathered my stuff and walked out. I go to my locker and when I open it a note falls out.

You're smile is the most beautiful thing in the world maylsh, don't stop smiling

I smiled he's so sweet I don't deserve him. I put the note in my backpack. And closed my locker excited to see him. When I turn around I see Layla looking at me with disgust. What the heck?

She walks by me and clears her throat "slut" she says while looking at me up and down and walks away.

What's going on? I head over to the cafeteria and look for the group. I see them sitting down and start making my way to them. As I'm passing by I see people looking at me.

"She slept with him and then broke up with Jackson" I start walking slower. What the hell?

"She was cheating on him and sleeping with multiple guys"

"She's probably sleeping with Cynthia's boyfriend and Nikolai"

"Poor Jackson, he deserves better"

"I don't know why Jackson stayed with her for so long he could have done so much better"

I couldn't believe what people were saying, I shouldn't be the one to blame. They don't know who he is, what he did to me. I stopped walking when I reached the group and sit down.

"You good del ?" Cynthia says as soon as I sit down. I nodded my head remembering what Jackson said to me. Cynthia's smile dimmed down and I instantly felt bad.

"You have to eat something del at least eat the cherries they're your favorite." I'm going to cry. I sat silently eating my cherries while listening to Aleksandr and Nikolai bicker about matching Halloween costumes. Cynthia was quite and I felt like a bad friend.

"Girls don't you think matching friend costumes are iconic?" Aleksandr says

I was about to answer his question when I feel a cold liquid spill on me. I gasp and stand up. I look up to see Jackson's friends. At this point everyone's looking, my hands start shaking and I try not to cry, I've never been so humiliated.

"What the fuck you did that on purpose you assholes" Nikolai stands up and starts wiping my shirt with napkins.

"Gosh you really are Pathetic, he was right. You probably weren't even a good fuck" it felt like I was smacked in the face. Nikolai freezes his movements and looks at me. No, No, it's not like that, he hates me, everyone hates me.

Nikolai steps away from me, and I swear the last piece of my heart threatens to shatter. But he just gets more napkins and wipes my arms.
Please don't hate me.

I step away from him and look at Cynthia and Aleksandr who were staring at Jackson. Before I could process what I was doing I was already walking towards him. He was looking at me with the ugliest smirk on his face.

"Came for another round?" I slap him in the face. I don't stop hitting him I want to hurt him the way he did to me it's not fair he can get away with it, he shouldn't be getting away with it.

I was pulled back into a familiar pair of arms. I couldn't stop the tears, "you fucking LIAR tell them what you really did, tell them what you did to me, you fucking disgust me, I fucking hate you"

"What the fuck are you talking about you crazy bitch!" Is he kidding me.

"You're a sick person, tell them what you really did, it's not fair. I did nothing but love you, I hate you, Go to hell!" I was furious, I've never felt this much anger and sadness at the same time.

I was being pulled out the cafeteria, away from everyone stares.

AN: hope you liked this chapter. I'm not sure how I feel about it more updates coming soon. Thanks for all the support love y'all

 Thanks for all the support love y'all