Chapter 32

The ball was in week and I'm currently meeting with designers to discuss Delilah's dress

The ball was in week and I'm currently meeting with designers to discuss Delilah's dress. I want it to be perfect, she's going to be the prettiest woman there.

"How about this material mr. Mikhailov?" I touch the material and shake my head in disapproval. "Too itchy she needs to be comfortable in the dress, try silk." She gets me the pink silk and I nod in approval of the material and the sketch.

I'm on my way to go buy her some flowers and her favorite muffins. As I'm driving by I see her, I slow down and see she's staring at the puppy's in the windows. She looks so peaceful, she has this aura around her that makes me feel safe, I would do anything to protect her from harm. I'd die for her. God I want to marry her so bad, always have .

I park the car and head towards her. "Delilah, what are you doing?" She turns around and instantly smiles. Her fucking smile will be the death of me. She's so fucking beautiful it hurts.

"Omg hey!, I was just going to my bookstore, but I got distracted by the puppies. The one in the corner is so precious, so shy." I look at the puppy she's pointing at, the dog reminds me of her.

"I'll give you a ride to your bookstore, I was just going to see you." She nods and we begin walking to my car. I start the car listening to her rambling about random things. "Have I told you how handsome you are, every time you walk into a room all eyes go towards you. Sometimes I want to rip the eyeballs out of the girls staring."

I tilt my head and look at her, "hm maybe you should." She gasps and smacks my chest. I let out a breath less laugh. "I was joking!" I park the car and retrieve the items in the back. "Here baby I got you this." She smiles and kisses me. I get butterflies every time she kisses me.

"Your the perfect boyfriend." I smile I've waited years to hear her say I'm her boyfriend. I walk her to the bookstore and wait for her to open the door. " the ball is it going to be big?" I nod and close the door locking it.

"Mhm there will be dangerous people there do not leave my side." She nods and puts her flowers down while sitting on the couch to eat her muffins.

She stared at the muffins and looks at me. "Why didn't you tell me your allergic to blueberries. I could have killed you."

I chuckle and sit down, " I didn't want to say no to you, you were so excited to share your muffin with me and I didn't want to wipe that smile off your face. I'd rather suffer than hurt your feelings."

"Stupid, you're stupid you could have died and then would have left me alone, don't ever risk your life for me Nik I'm replaceable, you're not." Those words irked me she won't ever be replaceable, not to me, she can be many things but replaceable isn't one of them.

"Don't glare at me, I'll glare back." She crosses her arms and glares. She looks so adorable I can't help but smile. I reach for her and sit her on my lap. "You are not replaceable Delilah. Not to me."

She hugs me and places her head on my shoulder. "Don't ever leave me Nik, I won't be able to cope." She hugged me tighter and I kissed her head. " I promise."

After I drop her home I go to Aleksandr's house. I knock on the door, and Aleksandr opens it, "what do you want, I was sleeping." I roll my eyes. And enter the house. Dimitri comes out with a bowl of cereal. He nods at me, and sits on the couch.

These two twins have been my best friends since fucking birth. Dimitri is the quiet observer while Aleksandr is the loud one. "I just came to collect the money from the mission. Please tell me you didn't torture them, and gave them a quick death."

Dimitri let a laugh, "when has Aleksandr given someone a quick death." I shook my head and Aleksandr went upstairs to retrieve the money. Dimitri looked at me and shook his head. "You're so fucking in love"

He gets up and leaves to the kitchen and comes back without his bowl. "Ok I didn't kill him because he managed to pay off all the debt. And his two year old daughter was watching." I shrugged my shoulders and got the money.

After hanging out for a while I headed back home passing Delilah's house and seeing more cars than usual, her brothers are back. I know for a fact she's happy and smiling right now.

I got home and went into my dads office. I opened his safe box put in the code and put the money in. When I leave I see my mom and dad exiting their room in fancy clothes. "Going out?" My mom hugged me and stared at me, "you look so happy Nikolai." She smiles at me and dad huffs, what an attention seeker.

"Yes we're going out we'll be back. Your sister is asleep already. Take care of her Nikolai." My dad is very protective of Katerina. I say my goodbyes and lock all the doors set the alarms and go into Katerina room and lay next to her.

Today was a good day, I drifted off to sleep with Delilah on my mind.

AN:So excited for the ball 😏
Ah I'm in love with Nikolai and Delilah. Also Dimitri 🫶🏼😮‍💨