San ✦ Quidditch Championship | Hogwarts AU

Slytherin San x Slytherin reader

Word count: 6,000

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

You and your friends started heading off the quidditch field, walking back towards the school when a voice called out to you

"Hey, Y/n!"
Knowing who the voice belonged to, you turned expectantly to the dimpled Slytherin standing a few feet away wearing his quidditch uniform proudly.
"What is it, San?"
"Did you see me play today?" He questioned breathlessly.
"I did."
"I was pretty good, wasn't I?"
"You were sub-par."
"Sub-par?" He echoed with a scoff. "I'm the seeker, that's like one of the most important roles on the team. I control the whole game."
"For a seeker, you sure aren't finding much."
San's jaw dropped. "I played very well today."
"But you didn't catch the snitch." You pointed out.
"I-" He paused. "I was having a rough day."
"Right." You nodded and turned to leave.
"Hey!" He called to you, making you stop once more. "You know, the championship game is coming up next week. If we win it, will you go on a date with me then?"
The air between the both of you was quiet for a moment until an idea popped into your head and you smirked, deciding to humor him and play along.
"Tell you what, if you catch the golden snitch, I'll go on a date with you."
You could see a look of determination on his face as his shoulders straightened, his eyes sparkling. "Alright."
"Alright." You respond with finality before turning around and leaving the quidditch field.
You weren't concerned in the slightest about your little bargain with San, you knew he wouldn't catch the snitch so you had nothing to worry about.
San on the other hand, took your bet very seriously and planned to work as hard as he could to make sure the quidditch cup trophy belonged to Slytherin.

7 days until quidditch championship

Your textbook landed with a heavy thud on your desk as you set it down, dropping into your seat with a heavy sigh. The empty chair beside you was soon filled by a bright-eyed San who seemed far too upbeat for someone who was up at 9 AM.
"Morning, Y/n."
"Morning, San." You greeted with less enthusiasm than him.
"I'm gonna go to the quidditch field after school to practice. You wanna come watch?"
"No thank you."
San's nonstop efforts to win you over were incredibly annoying, not to mention futile. No matter how much disinterest you showed, it was never enough to push him away.
"Your loss." He sighed, leaning back in his seat and propping his feet on the desk. "I'm going to practice as much as I can. I plan to catch that golden snitch. Just you wait."
"Mr. Choi, feet off the desk." The professor scolded as she strode into the classroom.
"Sorry." He murmured.
You didn't actually think he was going to succeed, not that you thought he was incapable but because catching the golden snitch is a hard task no matter how good of a player you are, so the chances were fairly low.
"You know, there are plenty of empty seats in this classroom." You pointed out.
"Yeah, but I wanted to sit next to you."
"Of course you did." You mumbled under your breath.
To your relief, class began shortly so you wouldn't have to worry about San bothering you for at least three hours. Normally, you'd be upset about having double hours, which is for students in higher grades, but considering this three hour class will keep you from being pestered by San, you're thankful for it, at least for today.