2

-The Heirs of the Dragon-

The three of us walked through the castle with linked arms, Alicent and I were walking her to her mothers chambers. Rhaenyra tells us that her mother is having a hard pregnancy. My mother came here just to help Aemma through her tough times, they've been linked together since they were teens. While Rhaenyra and I were linked the day we were born, I was born three days a head of her though. I pray to the Gods every night that Aemma pulls through and her baby, rather it is a he or a she, is very healthy. We walked in the door and I remove my arm from Rhaenyra before she walks over to her mom and mine.

Alicent and I stand by the door. "Rhaenyra. You know I don't like you to go flying while I'm in this condition." Aemma said. "You don't like me flying while you're in any condition." She said and I smiled thinking of how angry she was when she found out Rhaenyra let me ride behind her on Syrax. My mother glares my way and I smiled innocently. "I was on my own dragon this time, I swear it." I said putting my hand over my heart and Aemma smiled at my mother before waving me over "Your Grace." Alicent said as I walk towards Queen Aemma."Your Grace." I say and she smiles.

"Good morrow, girls." She said. "Did you sleep?" Rhaenyra asked. "I slept." She said. "How long?" She asked her mother before sitting next to her. "I don't need mothering, Rhaenyra. I already have Haenora nagging me as it is." She said and my mother pulls me under her arm. "And rightfully so." Mother said and Rhaenyra sighed. "Well here you are , surrounded by attendants all focused on the babe. Someone has to attend you." She said.

"You will lie in this bed soon enough, Rhaenyra. This discomfort is how we serve the realm." Aemma says looking at the both of us. "I'd rather serve as a knight and ride to battle and glory." Rhaenyra said and I smiled. That's sounds much better then spending my life having babies and hoping to the Gods it's a boy. "We have royal wombs , you two and I. The childbed is our battlefield. We must learn to face it with a stiff lip. Now take a bath. You both stink of dragon." She said as my mother whipped the Queen forehead with a rage and Rehaenyra smiled.

"I will speak with you later, young lady." My mother said running her fingers through my hair and i rolled my eyes playfully before nodding. "Of course, mother." I said and I walked back to Alicent. I looked down at my dress and the bottom half was indeed muddy. "You should probably clean that as well." She said pointing at my dirty shoes and I smiled before we linked arms again with Rhaenyra and leave Aemma chamber . "I'll make sure to do that." I said as we continue down the hall.

-

Rhaenyra and I walked to the Thorne room with Ser Harold, to meet her uncle, the Prince Daemon. She came to my chamber insisting i go with her and who am I to refuse such a beauty. We walked the hall with our hands linked together and I thought about the first time I ever met Daemon, it was so long ago. "He passed through the keep's gates at first light." He says as we approached the door. "Does my father know he's here?" Rhaenyra asked. "No." He answered. "Good." She said and Ser Harold opened the door we both walked in.