29

~ The Princess and The Queen ~

I sat at the council table next to the Princess Rhaenyra and The hand Lyonel Strong. "It is Lord Blackwood's contention, therefore, that the Brackens moved the boundary stone in the dead of the night and put their horses to graze in his field." Lord Wylde says and I rolled my eyes as I fiddled around with the rings on Rhaneyra hand underneath the table. "Why was this issue not brought before Lord Grover? Has he grown so feeble he cannot settle a quarrel over rocks?" The Queen asked as she sipped her wine. "I've heard tale that Lord Grover's son now rules Riverrun in all but name." He said.

"Well, he is also a Tully and this remains a Tully problem." The Queen says. "I would agree." The King says. "If we may move on, my lord-." Ser Tyland begins but is interrupted by Rhaenyra. "And yet, the Brackens and the Blackwoods will use any excuse to spill each other's blood." Rhaneyra said gaining the Queen's attention. "So this dispute bears looking into. There will be countryfolk who know where the lines have been drawn for generations." Rhaenyra said. "That is easy enough." Lord Lyonel says with a slight nod. "Of course." The queen whispered bitterly before sipping her drink.

I kissed my teeth as Rhaenyra glared lightly at her next to me. "Ser Tyland." Lyonel said turning the attention from the Queen and Rhaenyra. "We should address the latest developments in the Stepstones, my lords." Ser Tyland says and the King sighs and rubs his forehead. "Will we ever be shut of that blasted place?" He grumbled. "If you ask me, I think the Blackwoods have a upper hand." Lord Beesbury says. "No. We've moved on to the Stepstones, Lord Beesbury." Lord Orwyle says. "And the Triarchy's new alliance with Dorne. I was hoping out negotiations with Sunspear might persuade them to see reason."Tyland says.

"To trust a Martell is to be disappointed." The King says. "And where, I wonder, is our Prince Daemon? Or I suppose I should call him King, as he styled himself when he won a battle there... once." Lord Wylde says and I groaned quietly as Rhaenyra squeezed my hand. "That's was decade ago and he has since left the region undefended." The Queen said. "We have left it undefended. There should've been fortifications built, watchtowers, a fleet of ships, a garrison of soldiers sent to hold our ground." Rhaenyra said. "We cannot afford it. Our coffers are great, but not infinite. We must consider the cost to our subjects." She said and I sighed as the two women continued to argue.

"I must agree." Lord Beesbury mutters. "The cost of war is greater. But we have been lax and the old monster lifts its head." Rhaenyra said and the Queen gives her a blank expression."Let us be finished." She said. "Wait." Rhaenyra said making everyone stop in their tracks. "Be seated." The king said with a sigh as he sat down himself. Rhaenyra and the queen remained the only ones standing when the princess began. "I have felt the... strife...between our families of late, my Queen. And for any offense given by mine, I apologize." Rhaenyra said and I do my best not to roll my eyes. I was told to be in my best behavior while Rhaenyra presented her offer.

"But we are one house. And long before that, we were friends. My son Jacaerys will inherit the Iron Throne after me. I propose we betroth him to your daughter, Helaena. Ally ourselves ... once and for all." She said and the King smiled liking the idea very much but the queen was the exact opposite. "Let them rule together." She said. Lyonel and I glanced at each other unsure how this would go. "A most judicious proposition." The king says with a smile. "Additionally, if Syrax brings forth another clutch of eggs, your son Aemond will have his choice of them... a symbol of our goodwill." She said and then their was a moment silence.

I looked up at my princess and I realized what the Queen was looking at. "Rhaenyra." I said before I grabbed Rhaneyra hand making her look down at me and then herself as I motioned my eyes towards her breast. "Oh Seven Hells." She said before covering her chest with her arm and sitting down. "My dear...a dragon's egg is a handsome gift." The king says and Rhaenyra smiled softly at her father. "The King and I thank you for your offer and we will consider it duly. You must rest now, husband." The queen said before preceding towards her husband. Everyone stands up and starts to leave but I stay behind with Rhaenyra.

-

After the council meeting I was told by Lyonel Strong that he was planning to resign and go back to his home and of course I tried to convince him otherwise, it was not use. Lyonel is a stubborn man and it's hard to convince him of things he's already made his mind up on. Harwin will be excoriating his father back home before meeting me and the kids back here. After Harwin went to tell Rhaenyra of his late plans, I thought it best that I return to my chamber, I been feeling quite dizzy. I'm only get like this before I have a dream or a vision of some sorts. It's best to sleep theses feeling off so that when my body and mind are relaxed the visions come easily and less painful.

But unfortunately this wouldn't be one of those times. "Ahh! Ahh!" I woken up with a feeling of my being consumed by fire. "Aenora, wake up." My vision cleared as my heart beat in rang in my ears. I feel cold hands on cheek and forehead, Harwin voice going in and out. "FATHER!" Harwin's screams fill my head and I remember making me fall back into a sob. That only worried my husband more as he laid on hand behind my neck and the other on my back before lifting my in his arms. "Aenora, it's all right. I'm right here." He said as his voice finally breaking through. "It was- it was horrible" I cried as he laid his forehead against mine.

"I know but it was not real. Everything is okay and nothing can hurt you now." He said and I shake my head and wrapped my arms around his neck and hugging him tight. "It's not me I'm scared for." I whispered and I feel his hand in my hair and the other rubbing my back. "I know it felt scary but it was not real, my heart." He said softly in my ear and I pulled away slightly so I was looking him in the eyes. "Harwin you have to take my dreams seriously." I say and he smiles softly as he whips the tears from my cheek. "You said yourself that half of your just dreams are just that...dreams. They don't always come to light." He said and I sighed and shook my head.

"You shouldn't leave with your father...let your brother go in your place." I said and he kissed my lips lovingly. "You know I cannot do that. He's leaving because of me Nora, the least I can do is escort him home as he asked." He said and my eyes began to water again. "Harwin, this dream felt like no other..if you trust me don't go." I said and he sighed before cupping my face with both hands. "You must not worry so much. I will be fine and I will come back home to you and to our children." He said and I fight the feeling in my gut and choose to trust him. "You promise?" I asked and he smiled once again and kissed my forehead letting his lips linger. "I promise." He says before I kissed his lips like it was the going last time.

Tiktok: mywattpadworld11